Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S. Chamber of Commerce attempting to roll back global anti-smoking laws - CVS leaves powerful lobbying group in protest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Chamber of Commerce attempting to roll back global anti-smoking laws - CVS leaves powerful lobbying group in protest

CVS quits powerful U.S. Chamber of Commerce in dispute over tobacco lobbying

By Jeffry Bartash
    Published: July 7, 2015 3:51 p.m. ET
    CVS on Tuesday said it would cut ties to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce because of the powerful lobbying groupís efforts to roll back global anti-smoking laws.
    CVS CVS, +1.55% stopped selling tobacco in its stores last year amid a push by the company to expand its health-care business. The company had said the sale of tobacco and related products didnít fit with its goal of improving public health, a move that won widespread applause from medical experts...
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/cvs...Link=obnetwork
    “‘i love myself.’ the quietest. simplest. most powerful. revolution ever.” ---- nayyirah waheed

Avatar: Franz Marc, Liegender Hund im Schnee 1911 (My posts are not intended as advice or professional assessments of any kind.)
Working...
X