Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US - Where Trump has been & who he has been around in the few previous days before testing positive for COVID-19 coronavirus - October 2, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US - Where Trump has been & who he has been around in the few previous days before testing positive for COVID-19 coronavirus - October 2, 2020

October 2, 20205:43 AM ET
    CHLOEE WEINER

... the president's schedule over the past week was packed — from rallies in Florida and Pennsylvania to the presidential debate in Cleveland on Tuesday, where he shared the stage with former Vice President Joe Biden.

Trump has also been in close contact with White House officials, supporters and Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett within the past seven days.

Here are some of the places the president has been over the past week:

The president and first lady have tested positive for the coronavirus. President Trump's schedule has been packed over the past week, including the debate with Joe Biden on Tuesday.

Was at the White House earlier this week apparently -

Mike Lee

@SenMikeLee

11:42 AM ? Oct 2, 2020

Comment

GOP donors ‘freaking out’ after coming close to Trump at fundraiser hours before his positive Covid-19 test

PUBLISHED FRI, OCT 2 202010:55 AM EDT UPDATED AN HOUR AGO
      Brian Schwartz

KEY POINTS
      • GOP donors have been reaching out to Trump campaign and GOP officials for any guidance following a fundraiser with the president hours before his announcement that he has Covid, according to a person briefed on the matter.
      • About 30 to 50 donors came close to the president Thursday night, this person added.
      • The RNC has said everyone who attended the Bedminster, New Jersey, event was tested for Covid-19, passed a temperature test and was 6 feet or more from the president at all times.
      Some Republican donors questioned the president’s decision to go to the event after his longtime advisor Hope Hicks became ill. Hicks tested positive Thursday morning after displaying symptoms Wednesday night while on a campaign trip to Minnesota with the president.

@realDonaldTrump should not have gone to a fundraiser yesterday knowing Hope was sick. He should have not tried keeping it a secret!
      8:26 AM ? Oct 2, 2020

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/02/gop-donors-panic-after-coming-close-to-trump-at-fundraiser-hours-before-positive-covid-19-test.html?__source=sharebar%7Ctwitter&par=sharebar

Comment

RNC chairwoman Ronna McDaniel tests positive for coronavirus

By Kaitlan Collins and Veronica Stracqualursi, CNN

Updated 3:46 PM ET, Fri October 2, 2020

snip

As a top official, McDaniel frequently interacts with the President and other top Republican lawmakers. She was last with the President last Friday, according to the Times.

Her decision to stay at home in Michigan all week left her absent from Tuesday's presidential debate in Cleveland between Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden.

more...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/02/polit...rus/index.html

Comment

hat tip CIDRAP

Concerns about contacts

The news about the president'hs diagnosis has prompted concerns about his busy schedule over the past week, and the number of people he's been in contact with.
          Among the events President Trump attended over the past 7 days was a Sep 26 Rose Garden ceremony to announce the nomination of Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court, where many in attendance were not wearing masks. Two attendees of that event, Sen Mike Lee (R-Utah) and University of Notre Dame president Fr. John Jenkins, both tested positive today.
          On Wednesday, the president attended a fundraiser in Shorewood, Minnesota, and later held a rally in Duluth. Three Minnesota Republican congressmen flew on Air Force One to and from that rally, and all three are getting tested, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. The Minnesota Department of Health also issued a warning that there is a potential risk that transmission occurred at the Duluth rally and other events associated with the president's visit.
          "Anyone who attended events associated with the President's visit and who now has symptoms should get tested right away," the department said in a statement. "People should consider getting tested even if they do not have symptoms because some people may not develop or recognize symptoms and people can spread the virus even without displaying symptoms."
          On Tuesday, President Trump participated in the first presidential debate of the 2020 election. Neither the president, Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, nor moderator Chris Wallace wore masks during the 90-minute debate, but all were more than six feet apart. Biden and his wife both tested negative today.
          Fox News reported that New Jersey Gov Phil Murphy is urging everyone who attended the president's fundraiser at the Trump National Golf Club on Thursday to get tested for the coronavirus.
          Brown University School of Health Dean Ashish Jha, MD, said on Twitter that everyone who's been near the president since Saturday should be identified and tested.
          "I'd go back, test everyone near [the] President from at least Saturday on to see if we can identify [the] source," Jha tweeted. He also said that anyone near the president since Tuesday should quarantine.
          Vice President Mike Pence and second lady Karen Pence have both tested negative. But Pence's physician released a memo saying the vice president does not need to quarantine because he's not a close contact of the president, according to The Hill.

https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/...e-for-covid-19

Comment

Apparently Kellyanne Conway attended the announcement of President's Trumps nomination for a new Supreme Court justice at the White House on September 26.

@KellyannePolls
            ?
            1h
            Tonight I tested positive for COVID-19. My symptoms are mild (light cough) and I’m feeling fine. I have begun a quarantine process in consultation with physicians. As always, my heart is with everyone affected by this global pandemic.

Comment

Dana Bash

@DanaBashCNN
              ?
              7h
              WH debate prep room so far with Covid-19:
              President Trump:+
              Kellyanne Conway:+
              Bill Stepien:+
              Hope Hicks:+
              Chris Christie (tbd)
              Rudy Giuliani (tbd)
              Jason Miller (tbd)
              Stephen Miller (tbd)

Comment

Senator Thom Tillis

@SenThomTillis
                ?
                11h
                Tonight my COVID-19 test came back positive. I’m following the recommendations of my doctor. Thankfully, I have no symptoms and feel well. COVID is a very contagious virus. If you were exposed or start to display symptoms, please call your doctor, self-isolate, and get tested.

Comment

Betsy Klein

@betsy_klein
                  ?
                  11h
                  At least six people who were in attendance at the Saturday Rose Garden event nominating Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court have tested positive: POTUS, FLOTUS, Sen. Thom Tillis, Sen. Mike Lee, Notre Dame president Rev. John Jenkins, and one of the members of the press corps.

Comment

ABC News

@ABC
                    JUST IN: GOP Sen. Ron Johnson of Wisconsin has tested positive for COVID-19, per his press team. He’s the third GOP Senator to test positive since Friday.

Comment

Chris Christie says he is positive for COVID 19.
                      Quote Tweet

I just received word that I am positive for COVID-19. I want to thank all of my friends and colleagues who have reached out to ask how I was feeling in the last day or two. I will be receiving medical attention today and will keep the necessary folks apprised of my condition.

Comment

COVID-19 at the White House

This chart will be updated as new reports are confirmed. NOTE: This dashboard has been updated.

This chart will be updated as new reports are confirmed.\nNOTE: This dashboard has been updated. Check out the latest dashboard here.

Comment

• sharon sanders
                        sharon sanders commented
                        Editing a comment
                        FluTrackers does not endorse this source. It may, or may not be accurate. It looks like it is crowd sourced (which is a good thing!). So as with everything - always use at least two sources for your news.

Chris Christie is in the hospital this afternoon.

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie told CNN he checked himself into a hospital Saturday afternoon as a precautionary measure after announcing earlier in the day that he had tested positive for Covid-19.

Comment

Kayleigh McEnany

@PressSec
                        ?
                        38m

Comment

McEnany spoke to reporters without wearing a mask yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                          X