No announcement yet.

Resveratrol supplement study done on healthy women shows no metabolic benefit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resveratrol supplement study done on healthy women shows no metabolic benefit

Note: The title in the article suggests the study was done on red wine, but the study was actually on a single component used as a supplement and it found that animals studies were not predictive of how the supplement affected healthy women.
    The article also make it clear that the study didn't rule out that resveratrol might be beneficial in conjunction with other components of wine, since some human studies suggest limited wine use has health benefits.

http://universitycity.patch.com/arti...s-once-thought

By Maggie Rotermund
    Email the author
    October 29, 2012

Resveratrol, an ingredient in red wine thought to improve insulin sensitivity, reduce risk of heart disease and increase longevity, does not appear to offer these benefits in healthy women, new research at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis indicates.

The study, reported online Oct. 25 in Cell Metabolism, involved 29 post-menopausal women who did not have type 2 diabetes and who were reasonably healthy. For 12 weeks, half took an over-the-counter resveratrol supplement, and the rest got a placebo, or sugar pill...
    i love myself.
    the
    quietest.
    simplest.
    most
    powerful.
    revolution
    ever. ---- nayyirah waheed

Avatar: Franz Marc, Liegender Hund im Schnee 1911 (My posts are not intended as advice or professional assessments of any kind.)
Working...
X