Bird Flu Zombie Movie!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bird Flu Zombie Movie!?

This may not be the best place to post this, but I find it pretty funny, I even left the plug for them at the end they're probably going to need it.:

A SWARM of zombies is heading for Letchworth GC.

The undead, victims of a strain of bird flu, will be seen in Wilbury Hills picnic area, the Wynd, and Leys Avenue.

Fortunately the horrifying visions will be confined to the big screen as they are characters in a new horror film shot in the town, which will have its world premiere at the Broadway Cinema later this month.

The Zombie Diaries was written, directed and produced by Kevin Gates and Michael Bartlett, 30, who both live in Marmet Avenue.

Wilbury Hills ? the scene of a grisly zombie discovery Pictures courtesy of Julian Newman Turner

It was filmed in various locations in the town centre and also at Manor Farm in Hinxworth.

One of the lead characters was played by Alison Mollon, an actress from Baldock, and most of the zombie extras were played by enthusiastic Letchworth GC and Hitchin residents.

It is set in the 21st century when a variant of bird flu has spread across the world.

The virus has an almost 100 per cent mortality rate, but after they have died its victims are reanimated and within weeks the world is infested with the undead.

The film charts the stories of three groups caught up in the devastation who use video cameras to document their survival for posterity.

There will be a special screening for the cast and crew at the Broadway Cinema before the film is shown to the public for the first time on Sunday, October 29.

Kevin said: "It's looking very good and we've had some test screenings and people have been very impressed with the movie.

"I've been watching movies at the Broadway Cinema since I was very young and as we filmed locally we approached the Broadway to see if they would be interested in screening the film.

"Geoff Bartram, manager of the Broadway Cinema, was very keen and it's a real thrill having the movie shown in my home town."

The cinema has said if the film does well, it is keen for it to have a longer run, and Kevin has also been talking to distributors about making it available on DVD.

The two directors are also planning to take it to the Cannes Film Festival next year.

For more information ring the Broadway Cinema box office on 01462 681088 or visit www.zombiediaries.com
Working...
X