Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you take Vitamin D3 this winter - and did you catch the flu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Did you take Vitamin D3 this winter - and did you catch the flu?

I'd like to see a poll like this asking for vaccination status
    (also 1976-vax) and ILI in week 35-50

they should already have done it in NY in July, so US-people
    had known how well the 1976-vax protects

it's so easy to make such a poll and so important, I wonder
    why they didn't do it.
    I'm interested in expert panflu damage estimates
    my current links: http://bit.ly/hFI7H ILI-charts: http://bit.ly/CcRgT

Comment

My husband and I have taken 1000 units a day since april when the flu started. And all 4 of our daughters and their families began as well. None of us had the flu and I who have asthma and usually have alot of respiatory issues, have been well so far all winter!! No asthma meds needed, didn't get bronchitis one time or pnuemonia!! The only thing I have done differently than usual IS the D. (I work in a hospital where flu was all around too)
      I have four things to learn in life:
      to think clearly without hurry or confusion; to love everybody sincerely; to act in everything with the highest motives; to trust in God unhesitatingly.

~Albert Schweitzer~

Comment

I have been taking 50,000 units per week. I have been exposed many times and did not catch it. I also have had my husband on it and he did not catch it either. A few of my family members listened to me and they did not catch it either. I am also a big proponent for a squirt of normal saline up the nasal passages every morning, keeps the colds away.

Comment

I took 5,000 units a day and did not catch the flu. I did get the flu shot late in the season. My husbands office is often visited by the public who also sometimes bring in their sick children. Better to take a sick kid then leave him home alone is the thought pattern I assume. He did institute a new policy at work of hand sanitizers all over the office, which I understand were in high use. He too took the vitamin D at the same dosage I did. He also got a flu shot about mid-season. He did not get the flu either.

I would like to remind everyone that vitamin D is not the cure. It appears to reduce the infection rate and it also more importantly appears to reduce the probability of catastrophic ARDS.
          Please do not ask me for medical advice, I am not a medical doctor.

Avatar is a painting by Alan Pollack, titled, "Plague". I'm sure it was an accident that the plague girl happened to look almost like my twin.
          Thank you,
          Shannon Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by kiwibird View Post
            I wonder if people were taking other stuff - like garlic. I hadn't even thought about the vaccination either. It is only just recently available over here (NZ). Thanks for the info everyone.
            I do like garlic and vitamin C.
            We were put on this earth to help and take care of one another.

Comment

if Vitamin D works, then why is there flu in the tropes,
              why in Mexico in summer
              Attached Files
              I'm interested in expert panflu damage estimates
              my current links: http://bit.ly/hFI7H ILI-charts: http://bit.ly/CcRgT

Comment

GSGS, I suggest you go back and re-read the vitamin D data. It was never suggested as a complete cure to flu. There are indications, it may significantly reduce the possibility of a severe response to novel influenza. Think cytokinesis. It also improves immune function thereby reducing your chances of contracting the flu-not eliminating those chances.

When you suggest people living in the tropics should not be contracting the illness you forget to add in local social conventions. Argentina, which has a superior medical system, has shown through several large studies to have a real problem with low Vitamin D levels in its population. Women especially avoid the sun. There are also many studies indicating that smog does an excellent job of screening out the rays responsible for human production of vitamin D. Much of the Muslim world has a very serious problem with vitamin D deficiency, especially in women. There are few cultures today that allows public nudity or near nudity on a daily basis, even in the tropics.
                Please do not ask me for medical advice, I am not a medical doctor.

Avatar is a painting by Alan Pollack, titled, "Plague". I'm sure it was an accident that the plague girl happened to look almost like my twin.
                Thank you,
                Shannon Bennett

Comment

Working...
                X