Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Message is Your Favorite??

And why?

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is the United States government's principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans and providing essential human services, especially for those who are least able to help themselves.
    Bagman
    6.67%
    Chainsaw
    20.00%
    Flu Sounds Like PSA
    20.00%
    Flu Droplets
    0.00%
    H1N1 Rap by Dr. Clarke
    33.33%
    Toothbrush Prank!
    13.33%
    Hey Stop Flu
    0.00%
    HazMat
    0.00%
    Simply Fighting the Flu Virus
    6.67%
    Beware of the Invisible PSA
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Re: Which Message is Your Favorite??

Chainsaw . . . cause I'm such a guy?

Actually, it cracks me up. That's why.
    All medical discussions are for educational purposes. I am not a doctor, just a retired paramedic. Nothing I post should be construed as specific medical advice. If you have a medical problem, see your physician.

Comment

I voted for the singing Doc! He is great!

Comment

Me too. Voted for H1N1 Rap.
        I thought Bagman, Hazmat and Chainsaw were hilarious, but the rappin doc would probably get more to hear the message.
        "There's a chance peace will come in your life - please buy one" - Melanie Safka
        "The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be" - Socrates

Comment

Depends upon the audience, but my personal favorite was Flu Sounds. The Chainsaw was funny but needs editing - 4.5 billion people on earth? What happened to the other 2 billion or is this intended for later stages of the pandemic?
          "In the beginning of change, the patriot is a scarce man (or woman https://flutrackers.com/forum/core/i...ilies/wink.png), and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for it then costs nothing to be a patriot."- Mark TwainReason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it. -Thomas Paine

Comment

I loved the toothbrush one - it is sooooo underappreciated!!! I don't think any of the others send the message SO VIVIDLY...what ends up on our hands is just so gross and disgusting!!!!

My 2nd favorite (and probably the one that will win) is the doctor/rapper.

My least favorite is the HazMat one, because it's the video equivalent of the message that is already out there in spades...this "swine flu" thing is overblown, etc. etc.

Comment

Dr. Clarke won!

2009 Flu Prevention PSA Contest

On July 9th of this year, HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius announced a video PSA contest on flu prevention. Americans were called to create a 15, 30, or 60 second video promoting good hygienic practices and submit this video over YouTube. This video was to inform people about the flu and motivate them to take steps that help prevent the spread of the flu. The winner received $2500 in cash and is featured on national television. Congratulations to Dr. John Clarke of Baldwin, New York for his video entitled H1N1 Rap by Dr. Clarke.

<table summary="this table is used to format page content." border="0"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td><object width="320" height="265">

<embed allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/_gwUdmPl0bU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&showinfo=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="320" height="265"></object>

</td><td>Congrats to the Winning Video!

H1N1 Rap by Dr. Clarke

Submitted by:
              John D. Clarke, MD, FAAFP
              Baldwin, NY
              </td></tr></tbody></table>We received over 200 entries! And the creativity of the American people showed through. Videos were submitted from all over the country by kids, grandparents, and all ages between. Some were serious. Some were funny. Many sought to strike a balance.

Out of these entries, a panel of 12 video communication and public health experts determined the top 10 entries. These were put on the HHS YouTube Channel and put to a public vote. Over 50 thousand votes were cast in the 18 days that voting was open, and these votes determined the overall winner.

The winner was announced on by HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius on September 22<sup>nd</sup> at George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia. Congratulations again to Dr. Clarke of Baldwin, New York.

Comment

Working...
              X