Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COVID- 19 Vaccine Dangers, Side Effects, Controversy - Closed thread, please see scientific library

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emily View Post
    GardenSpider, the only experience I have with ITP after vaccination (rabies) was in a toy breed rescue dog that also was the only dog I had to have had a microchip. The other toy breed dog I had got mast cell cancer in his rabies vaccine site, but as horrible as that was and the cancers that killed two other dogs of mine, cancer was easier to deal with than the pure autoimmune disease.

I wonder if your friend had something that was activating his/her immune system prior to the vaccine. I wish we knew more about pinpointing risk factors for triggering autoimmunity because that would help us avoid this outcome after both vaccinations and natural infections.
    Emily, Do you know what time of cancer the toy breed had that was associated with the ITP? I wonder if anyone in the community here has some suggestions. Our friend is desperate for help. Her platelets have now dropped back down and are at 35 from the 100 they were up to on the medication. (Initially they had dropped to 10 after vaccination from the normal 350). Her doctors don't have any answers. And they don't know where to begin as to what to screen for regarding cancer. Any and all thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

Comment

• Emily
      Emily commented
      Editing a comment
      GardenSpider, I apologize for my post about the dogs being confusing. The dog that had ITP, (chihuahua mix), did not have cancer. We did a tick-borne illness panel that was negative. The veterinarian did not mention looking for cancer. The ITP was a mystery and very severe and sudden. His last vaccine was about 2 months prior to this. The previous owner's vet gave him a rabies vaccine the same day as prednisone for a skin allergy and a topical flea treatment. That sounded like poor practice to me. His skin was still an itchy, weeping mess when I rescued him.
      Frustrating thing is he seemed to be getting better when he just collapsed screaming one day. We rushed him to the hospital and they found he was bleeding into his skin when they touched him. He was treated with one vincristine infusion and high dose tapering prednisalone.
      So I hope that sets your friend's mind at ease if my post was behind her concerns about cancer. I actually was wondering about my dog's microchip setting him up for his reaction. Sometimes they move or crush and cause irritation. The vets did not think that could be a factor.

Hi Emily and larger FT community. Thank you for your input.

Here is the redacted letter from my friends doctors regarding her condition of ITP (Idiopathic Thrombocytopinic Purpura) weeks after getting the second AstraZenca vaccine. Any ideas, thoughts are most welcome as she has taken a turn for the worse. Thank you,
    Attached Files

Comment

• Emily
      Emily commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not a doctor but my understanding from dogs is that those numbers look like classic primary immune-mediated thrombocyotpenia. The platelet count was also extremely low in my dog that had ITP but other counts were fine. I had another dog that had thrompcytopenia secondary to a tick disease. He had a terrifying nose bleed, but no bruising all over his body or pain. No immune suppressing meds were needed, just antibiotic treatment.
      The article Kiwi found about the Vit D looks really hopeful if the prednisone does not work, maybe a test to run either way. Your friend looks like she had good care since a hematologist was consulted. They are the best on this.

• GardenSpider
      GardenSpider commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you.

This paper suggests its an immune response to platelets underlying the problem. Worth forwarding to her doctors?

Thrombocytopenia and Intracranial Venous Sinus Thrombosis after ?COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca? Exposure

Background: As of 8 April 2021, a total of 2.9 million people have died with or from the coronavirus infection causing COVID-19 (Corona Virus Disease 2019). On 29 January 2021, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) approved a COVID-19 vaccine developed by Oxford University and AstraZeneca (AZD1222, ChAdOx1 nCoV-19, COVID-19 vaccine AstraZeneca, Vaxzevria, Covishield). While the vaccine prevents severe course of and death from COVID-19, the observation of pulmonary, abdominal, and intracranial venous thromboembolic events has raised concerns. Objective: To describe the clinical manifestations and the concerning management of patients with cranial venous sinus thrombosis following first exposure to the “COVID-19 vaccine AstraZeneca”. Methods: Patient files, laboratory findings, and diagnostic imaging results, and endovascular interventions of three concerning patients were evaluated in retrospect. Results: Three women with intracranial venous sinus thrombosis after their first vaccination with “COVID-19 vaccine AstraZeneca” were encountered. Patient #1 was 22 years old and developed headaches four days after the vaccination. On day 7, she experienced a generalized epileptic seizure. Patient #2 was 46 years old. She presented with severe headaches, hemianopia to the right, and mild aphasia 13 days after the vaccination. MRI showed a left occipital intracerebral hemorrhage. Patient #3 was 36 years old and presented 17 days after the vaccination with acute somnolence and right-hand hemiparesis. The three patients were diagnosed with extensive venous sinus thrombosis. They were managed by heparinization and endovascular recanalization of their venous sinuses. They shared similar findings: elevated levels of D-dimers, platelet factor 4 antiplatelet antibodies, corona spike protein antibodies, combined with thrombocytopenia. Under treatment with low-molecular-weight heparin, platelet counts normalized within several days. Conclusion: Early observations insinuate that the exposure to the “COVID-19 vaccine AstraZeneca” might trigger the expression of antiplatelet antibodies, resulting in a condition with thrombocytopenia and venous thrombotic events (e.g., intracranial venous sinus thrombosis). These patients’ treatment should address the thrombo-embolic manifestations, the coagulation disorder, and the underlying immunological phenomena.

Comment

• GardenSpider
      GardenSpider commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Vibrant62. I will forward this to my friend right away so she can share it.

Originally posted by GardenSpider View Post
    Hi Emily and larger FT community. Thank you for your input.

Here is the redacted letter from my friends doctors regarding her condition of ITP (Idiopathic Thrombocytopinic Purpura) weeks after getting the second AstraZenca vaccine. Any ideas, thoughts are most welcome as she has taken a turn for the worse. Thank you,
    There is this document - which also shows possible treatments. https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n954 I hope it is of use. I am very sorry to hear about your friends illness.
    "The only security we have is our ability to adapt."

Comment

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2355...une%20diseases.

Conclusions: In our two case reports, we found an association between vitamin D deficiency and immune thrombocytopenia where platelet levels responded to vitamin D treatment and hydroxychloroquine but not to prednisone. We believe there may be synergism between vitamin D supplementation and hydroxychloroquine. The mechanism by which high-dose vitamin D results in increased platelet counts in immune thrombocytopenia patients is unknown. However, vitamin D has long been thought to play an immunomodulatory role, which may include a dampened immune response in patients with immune thrombocytopenia or other autoimmune diseases.

Access educational materials, eLearning activities, accredited Live webinar sessions with polls and chat on this fast Digital Library and Hybrid Virtual Event Platform powered by MULTILEARNING LMS.

In our practice we have observed a number of patients with immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) whose platelet count has increased after vitamin D replacement...
      Last edited by kiwibird; May 1, 2021, 07:13 AM. Reason: added another link

Comment

• Vibrant62
        Vibrant62 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good find, and must be worth a try in these patients. This also suggests (to me) that ensuring a high level of vitamin D may be a good precaution prior to vaccination. I hope they look into this in greater detail. I wonder if similar mechanisms are at play here with respect to the observed reductions in risk of serious disease with high levels of vitamin D and supplementation. If so it adds further evidence that the observed associations also has causation, especially if these clotting and coagulation effects are a direct consequence of something within the spike protein itself - and if this is the case, all the vaccines could have similar potential to produce this sort of side effect, although it does seem more pronounced in the adenovirus vectored vaccines, or at least the AZ one (so far)

• Emily
        Emily commented
        Editing a comment
        Excellent find, Kiwi! Very hopeful.

Hi again FT community. Thank you for all of your support regarding our friend with vaccine induced ITP. She has sent the links your gave to her doctors to discuss additional treatment. She is still suffering a lot with more bruising all over her legs and persistently low platelets. Our other friend who is suffering from the opposite problem has blood clots. She has a daily doctor visit and is also having a tough time, but her doctors say her prognosis is good. But she wouldn't tell us if it wasn't.

Now I have a third friend, my 83 year old aunt actually, who a little more that a month after getting the Moderna vaccine recently had a blood test that came back positive for diabetes. (They don't yet know what type). My aunt is not a diabetic. She doesn't smoke and is underweight if anything. She walks 10,000 steps a day religiosity, eats well, and is in good shape. We are wondering if there is any corollary between receiving the CoVid vaccine and diabetes. My aunt reported a big jump in her numbers after receiving the 2nd vaccine. I have read that people can become diabetic after having had the disease CoVid, so we are asking the question regarding the vaccine. https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...nset-diabetes/

Hemoglobin A1c 8.0%
      standard range 4.3%-5.6%
      3/27/19 5.4%
      2/28/18 5.3%

Alanine transaminase 10
      standard range 10-61

Potassium, serum 5.2
      standard range 3.5-4.5

Glucose, fasting 108 mg
      standard range 70-99 mg

Thoughts anyone? Or is this just a coincidence? Thank you, GS

Comment

The paper below shows that it is indeed the spike protein itself that is causing much of the observed coagulopathy , so there are going to be problems to a greater or lesser extent with any vaccine that includes the spike protein. Of particular note is that the study authors were able to resolve underlying pathological changes in the test animals with N Acetyl Cysteine, a common supplement. Another one to forward to your friends doctors perhaps?

SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein Impairs Endothelial Function via Downregulation of ACE 2

As the paper shows, the spike protein exerts its effects and triggers oxidative stress, which is a common causative factor in the development of diabetes. I would be surprised if vaccination would be enough in and of itself to cause the effects seen in your elderly friend. What is more likely is that this problem would have already been brewing, and could (theoretically) have been mildly exacerbated by a vaccine. I am fairly certain that an actual infection would have produced much more pronounced effects IMHO. However, a properly conducted study would be needed to examine this question for anyone to be able to answer definitively - for now it is all guesswork.

Comment

bump this

Comment

Originally posted by Vibrant62 View Post
          The paper below shows that it is indeed the spike protein itself that is causing much of the observed coagulopathy , so there are going to be problems to a greater or lesser extent with any vaccine that includes the spike protein. Of particular note is that the study authors were able to resolve underlying pathological changes in the test animals with N Acetyl Cysteine, a common supplement. Another one to forward to your friends doctors perhaps?

SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein Impairs Endothelial Function via Downregulation of ACE 2

As the paper shows, the spike protein exerts its effects and triggers oxidative stress, which is a common causative factor in the development of diabetes. I would be surprised if vaccination would be enough in and of itself to cause the effects seen in your elderly friend. What is more likely is that this problem would have already been brewing, and could (theoretically) have been mildly exacerbated by a vaccine. I am fairly certain that an actual infection would have produced much more pronounced effects IMHO. However, a properly conducted study would be needed to examine this question for anyone to be able to answer definitively - for now it is all guesswork.
          Thank you. I will forward this right away.

Comment

Originally posted by sharon sanders View Post
            bump this
            Hi Sharon. I notice you have this posted on several threads and I am wondering what it means. Thanks in advance for the explanation.

Comment

• longshots
              longshots commented
              Editing a comment
              "bump this" --- it is basically a post in order boost the topic back to the top of the LATEST POSTS...

I post that to bump up to the top recent threads that have been pushed down while tetano updates the scientific library.

A bump is not an endorsement of anything.

Comment

There are some cases where ITP has been preceded by an immunization, such as for chicken pox. If your child had a bad reaction with the one vaccine, it is possible she may also have reactions to other vaccines. No one can say for sure. According to our pediatric medical advisor, overall the rate of significant immune thrombocytopenia after MMR vaccine is very low, just slightly above the rate of childhood ITP in the general population. He routinely continues with vaccination if the child has ITP that is clinically stable. If the situation arises where the vaccinations have been postponed because of acute ITP, then he routinely does ?catchup? after the ITP is resolved. He has not experienced a ?relapse of ITP? in hundreds of children.
              Q I have ITP and wonder whether I should get vaccines, such as the annual flu vaccine? A Vaccines are a difficult decision for people with ITP. When we ask the medical advisors they usually recommend vaccines. However, here at PDSA we?ve heard from some people who had received various vaccines and reported that their platelets have dropped and they have gone out of remission. PDSA?s suggestion is to weigh the risks of the disease (in this case, some chance of getting the flu and dropping the platelet count because of the flu) and the possible risk of problems that might result from the vaccine. To help in your decision, you should discuss your concerns with your hematologist. You may find additional information about vaccines at the National Vaccine Information Center, at their Web site www.nvic.org and from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) vaccine information Web page at http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/default.htm.
              Platelet Disorder Support Association - Empowering ITP Patients. Comprehensive information and support for those concerned about ITP, immune thrombocytopenia.

Prevention

The Power of a Healthy Diet and Lifestyle

Comment

The friend of our who developed ITP after the AstraZeneca vaccine is in very bad shape. The medicines are not really working and her platelet count is back down to about 8. She says the doctors are not being pro-active in trying to find solutions and she worries that with such a low platelet count, she could bleed internally at any time. Anything below 10, is considered dangerous. 150 to 250 is normal. She is looking for another hematologist in London for a second opinion. Preferably someone who has taken an interest in the blood disorders provoked by the vaccine.

Comment

📧 Charlies FREE Newsletter https://DrCharlieWard.com 💥 Get the latest information on 5G at https://bit.ly/2GFQVvQ 💥 💿 FREE 1oz SILVER COIN OFFER UK http://bit.ly/free-1oz-silver-coin 📘 Order Charlies book here http://www.imjustcharlie.com 👉 http…

DOCTORS TESTIFY BEFORE TEXAS STATE SENATE TO OPPOSE MANDATORY COVID SHOTS

Discusses protecting the rights of individuals who are opposed to taking the vaccine. The present the number of deaths reported to VAERS.
                  Doctors testify about adverse side effects they have encountered in their practices. They also discuss other successful therapies in dealing with CoVid 19.

Comment

Originally posted by GardenSpider View Post
                    The friend of our who developed ITP after the AstraZeneca vaccine is in very bad shape. The medicines are not really working and her platelet count is back down to about 8. She says the doctors are not being pro-active in trying to find solutions and she worries that with such a low platelet count, she could bleed internally at any time. Anything below 10, is considered dangerous. 150 to 250 is normal. She is looking for another hematologist in London for a second opinion. Preferably someone who has taken an interest in the blood disorders provoked by the vaccine.
                    That is really low. I wish she could enlist someone, family or friend, to be present when she talks with doctors. It does seem time for a second opinion. I thought that treatment progressed to IVIG or plasmapheresis at some point. I learned that ITP can mimic what they call DITP, that is drug-induced thrombocytopenia. I don't know if they are treated differently or not. As far as vaccines go, MMR is considered to induce ITP sometimes but influenza vaccine is considered to induce DITP.

Trivalent inactivated influenza vaccination was reported to precede the sudden occurrence of severe thrombocytopenia by 6?7 days in 2010, 2012 and 2013 in a 4 year?old boy.6 The authors' interpretation was that the influenza vaccine induced primary immune thrombocytopenia (ITP), rather than DITP, because ITP has been previously associated with measles?mumps?rubella (MMR) vaccinations. This child recovered from his third episode within 10 days, with IVIg treatment; previous episodes persisted longer. We believe that DITP is the appropriate diagnosis because the 3 acute episodes of severe thrombocytopenia all occurred within a week following influenza vaccinations and his recovery was complete. Recovery of DITP typically occurs in less than 1 week after the drug is discontinued, but the duration of thrombocytopenia may be longer when the sensitizing molecule (in this patient, inactivated influenza viruses) remains in the plasma for longer than 1 day.
                    DITP would be the easier to resolve condition in most cases since stopping the drug clears it up usually in a few days. Sounds like influenza vaccine is harder to clear than traditional drugs. But some of the newer drugs, (and maybe the new COVID vaccines), are very tough to clear.

Most cases of DITP are caused by drug-induced antibodies that bind to platelets only when drug is present [1]. Therefore, when the implicated drug is discontinued platelet levels return to normal within a few days despite the continued presence of antibody. Because ExER consists of biodegradable microspheres, however, detectable levels of drug remain in the circulation for up to 10 weeks after the last exposure [2]. In the patient described here, this led to persistence of profound thrombocytopenia for almost two months, leading to an erroneous diagnosis of autoimmune thrombocytopenia (ITP).
                    So a blood specialist with expertise in DITP might be worth a consult. There are 3 things that I read could induce DITP that could be part of a diet that can be missed initially: citrus bioflavanoid supplements, tonic water (quinine) and English Walnuts. Might be worth asking your friend about these even though the vaccine seems the cause right now. I hope for the best for her. I know how rough dealing with ITP is.

Ask Congress to Investigate COVID Origins and Government Response to Pandemic.

i love myself. the quietest. simplest. most powerful. revolution ever. ---- nayyirah waheed

"...there’s an obvious contest that’s happening between different sectors of the colonial ruling class in this country. And they would, if they could, lump us into their beef, their struggle." ---- Omali Yeshitela, African People’s Socialist Party

(My posts are not intended as advice or professional assessments of any kind.)
                    Never forget Excalibur.

Comment

• GardenSpider
                      GardenSpider commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you Emily. Sending this on to her.
                  Working...
                  X