Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AstraZeneca vaccine adverse reports

https://www.outlookindia.com/website...o-death/370941
    Moradabad: Ward Boy Dies 30 Hours After Taking Covishield, ACMO Denies Vaccine Caused Death
    While speaking to Outlook, Moradabad Additional CMO, Dr Dinesh Kumar Premi said Mahipal Singh died due to a heart attack and that he did not show any vaccination related side effect
    Jeevan Prakash Sharma INTERVIEWS Dr Dinesh Kumar Premi 18 January 2021

46-year-old Mahipal Singh, a ward boy at the Moradabad district hospital died about 30 hours after he received the Covishield vaccine. While his family members have alleged that he fell sick only after receiving the vaccine, Additional CMO of Moradabad district, Dr Dinesh Kumar Premi, while speaking to Outlook, said that Singh died due to a heart attack and that his death has nothing to do with the vaccine...

Also read

https://www.businesstoday.in/latest/...ry/428593.html
    Another person dies after COVID-19 vaccination in Karnataka; not related to vaccine, says Centre
    Health Ministry says death of a person from Shivamogga in Karnataka is not related to vaccination, and it's a case of myocardial infarction, commonly known as a heart attack
    BusinessToday.In | January 21, 2021 | Updated 10:15 IST
    Last edited by Emily; March 18, 2021, 02:37 AM. Reason: Shorter title

Ask Congress to Investigate COVID Origins and Government Response to Pandemic H.R. 834

“‘i love myself.’ the quietest. simplest. most powerful. revolution ever.” ---- nayyirah waheed

(My posts are not intended as advice or professional assessments of any kind.)
    Never forget Excalibur.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...le33638897.ece
    Death of Delhi health worker not due to COVID-19 vaccine: official
    Special Correspondent GURUGRAM, January 23, 2021 00:09 IST Updated: January 23, 2021 00:18 IST

Rajwanti, posted as Lady Health Visitor at Bhangrola Primary Health Care centre, died six days after she took the

A 56-year-old woman health worker, who was administered the COVID-19 vaccine on January 16, died in her sleep here on Friday. Chief Medical Officer, Gurugram, Virender Yadav, said the preliminary report of Adverse Event Following Immunisation (AEFI) committee could not directly relate the death to vaccine...

Ask Congress to Investigate COVID Origins and Government Response to Pandemic H.R. 834

“‘i love myself.’ the quietest. simplest. most powerful. revolution ever.” ---- nayyirah waheed

Never forget Excalibur.

Comment

https://scroll.in/article/985273/nin...into-each-case
      Nine health workers have died in vaccine rollout. India must disclose status of probe into each case

The government has stated that the deaths were not due to the vaccine but has not revealed who made that determination and the details of the investigation.

Sandhya Srinivasan, Amar Jesani & Veena Johari 6 hours ago

The deaths of nine health workers following administration of the Covid-19 vaccine in the 12 days since the start of the immunisation programme on January 16 is cause for concern. The government must immediately disclose all details of the investigations into these serious Adverse Events Following Immunisation and any action taken.

The deaths were reported from Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telengana, Gurugram and Odisha. The six men and three women who died were between 27 and 56 years old. The deaths took place between 24 hours and five days of taking the vaccines and all have been ascribed to cardiovascular problems or “brain stroke”. The vaccine taken in each case was Covishield.

In each case, the government has stated that the death was not due to the vaccine but has not revealed who made that determination and the details of the investigation...

Never forget Excalibur.

Comment

My spidey senses are tingling for ADE now....

Can anyone confirm or critique whether the mRNA vaccines have addressed concerns such as those raised in linked paper?

I ask, because if Antibody-dependant Enhancement was going to show up, it would be in frontline healthcare workers. They have the highest likelihood of contracting covid-19 early on and hence would have low threshold antibodies about this timeframe. They also aren't the types to "die" with a higher probability (being usually younger, healthy and exposed to vaccines as par for course).

I'm keen to hear others thoughts.

Comment

• Vibrant62
          Vibrant62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Please could you repost full link?

I do not know the current number of Indians who have had a shot of vaccine but the following may help.
        India has a major CVD problem and it is escalating. In 1990 it accounted for 1.3m deaths by 2016 it was 2.8m and the age is 5 to 10 years earlier than in the West . About 28,000 Indians die daily with CVD accounting for ~7750. Which is about a 1 in 200,000 chance of death from CVD each day or 1 in 40,000 for the 5 day window used to look for vaccine related deaths. If we plug in the number of injection per day and see how many deaths occur with in 5 days we should expect one death per 40,000 injections to have occurred due to CVD anyway if it is consistently higher than that then we may have a problem.
        Last edited by JJackson; January 28, 2021, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Vibrant62
          Vibrant62 commented
          Editing a comment
          This article states 1.6m vaccinated as of Jan 24th.
          https://www.business-standard.com/ar...2200140_1.html.

and this article suggests 15 Lakh (equivalent to 1.5m) all of whom were HCWs
          https://www.livemint.com/news/india/...412015849.html

What isn't clear is how many of these vaccinations were first or second vaccinations.

so 1in 40,000 would be @38 deaths across the age range in this period expected - what we need to now though is how many of the 1 in 40,000 would be aged under 60 or an equivalent age to the healthcare workforce, and how many people have received BOTH vaccination shots.

If there is an increased signal in this younger population, it does not appear likely that it is large at this stage IMHO - but that could change if we could get the above data

Full link: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41564-020-00789-5

Comment

Mary posted this:

Germany recommends AstraZeneca COVID-19 shot only for under 65s

I'm surprised since I don't think there have been any adverse reports for 65+. But if there is a lack of data in general for that group, then maybe it's best.

Never forget Excalibur.

Comment

Originally posted by mscox View Post
            "In the second described ADE mechanism that is best exemplified by respiratory pathogens, Fc-mediated antibody effector functions can enhance respiratory disease by initiating a powerful immune cascade that results in observable lung pathology"

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/...984378286.html
            "Of the two deaths reported, death of the 52-year-old male from Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh, who was vaccinated on 16th Jan and died on evening of 17th Jan, is not related to vaccination as per the post mortem report, said Manohar Agnani, additional secretary, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare adding that the death was caused due to cardiopulmonary disease. “Post mortem by a board of three doctors revealed death due to cardiopulmonary disease (pockets of pus in lungs, enlarged heart..."

Never forget Excalibur.

Comment

bump this

Comment

https://www.newindianexpress.com/nat...s-2256962.html
                10 dead after taking COVID-19 vaccine shots, national panel to re-examine causes

In each of the 10 cases, vaccination as the cause of death has been ruled out by the district AEFI committees.
                Published: 30th January 2021 02:55 AM | Last Updated: 30th January 2021 08:13 AM

The age group of the healthcare workers who died following the vaccinations was between 25 and 56 years...

https://indianexpress.com/article/in...lated-7164500/
                Odisha man dies after vaccine, Health Ministry says unrelated

“Total 9 deaths have been reported so far. None of these deaths have been causally linked with COVID-19 vaccination. In the last 24 hours, one person aged 23 years, a resident of Odisha has died. The post-mortem report is awaited,” the ministry said.

A security guard at Odisha’s Nuapada District Headquarters Hospital died Tuesday, three days after being administered the Covid-19 vaccine, with the Health Ministry maintaining that his death was unrelated to the inoculation.
                Nanikaram Keunt’s family said he complained of nausea on Monday while on duty and was admitted to the hospital he same evening. The 27-year-old was then referred to a hospital in Sambalpur as his health deteriorated. He died on Tuesday night.

Keunt’s brother said: “He had informed us that he was feeling a bit uneasy after the vaccination… Late in the evening we were informed he was unwell and was shifted to Sambalpur. He was not suffering from any disease and was healthy prior to the vaccine. We demand his death be properly investigated.”

The Odisha Health Department stated the death is unrelated to the vaccination. “One 27-year-old male from Nuapada district died in VIMSAR, Burla this morning with provisional diagnosis of bleeding disorder with severe anaemia and intracerebral haemorrhage,” it said. “However, as per medical inquiry, the cause of death is not related to COVID vaccination.”

Never forget Excalibur.

Comment

https://www.outlookindia.com/website...ailment/372583
                  Man Dies In UP After Taking Vaccine Shot; CMO Claims Death Due To Heart Ailment

By the evening of the same day of receiving the Covid-19 vaccine shot, a 55-year-old man died in UP but the Chief Minister's Office attributed his death to a heart ailment
                  Outlook Web Bureau 29 January 2021
                  n Umaria township of Uttar Pradesh, a 55-year-old man died hours after being administered the coronavirus vaccine. A similar case has occurred previously too, however, the Chief Minister's Office attributed his death to a heart ailment while citing the autopsy report.

According to his family members, Pratap Ram was a Class IV employee of the Child Welfare and Nutrition department. He took the vaccine shot at the Mahila hospital on Thursday morning. By the evening of the same day, he took ill and died even before he could have been taken to the hospital.

Chief Medical Officer (CMO) Seema Agarwal said the deceased man had a heart ailment and the post-mortem conducted in the early hours on Friday mentioned the disease as the cause of death.

According to his family members, Pratap Ram had undergone heart surgery in 2007 and a stent was implanted. But, since then he did not have any problem.

Citing the autopsy report, the CMO said his heart was also found to be enlarged....

Never forget Excalibur.

Comment

bump this

Comment

https://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...e-2256894.html
                      Kerala nurse dies a day after taking Covid vaccine

Meanwhile, the officials clarified that the exact reason for the cardiac arrest could only be ascertained after getting the postmortem report.
                      Published: 30th January 2021 05:54 AM | Last Updated: 30th January 2021 05:03 PM

By Express News Service

KOLLAM: A 52-year-old woman nurse of a private hospital in Kollam died of cardiac arrest a day after taking the Covid vaccine, but the authorities said she was a severe diabetic patient and that the vaccination may not have triggered the emergency.
                      In the preliminary examination, the cause of her death was cardiac arrest, said District Medical Officer Dr R Sreelatha. She had tested negative for Covid. “She showed no symptoms of uneasiness after taking the vaccine. She fainted after the observation period,” said Collector B Abdul Nassar. The relatives of the deceased said they were unaware that Suja had cardiac issues though she had a history of diabetes. The body will be released to the relatives after the autopsy on Saturday...

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/80618698.cms
                      Woman health worker in Telangana dies 11 days after vaccination

Amrita Didyala / TNN / Updated: Feb 1, 2021, 06:26 IST
                      HYDERABAD: A 55-year-old woman healthcare worker in Telangana, who received the Covishield vaccine on January 19 died late on Saturday, the third such death in the state since the vaccine rollout, but authorities said the woman had co-morbidities.
                      So far, four such deaths have occurred in the twin states, with one reported from Andhra Pradesh and all four had received the vaccine on January 19.
                      He said the death occurred due to cardio-respiratory arrest triggered by multiple morbidities such as restricted lung disease, respiratory infection with type 2 respiratory failure ?? and accelerated hypertension with left ventricular failure...

Never forget Excalibur.

Comment

bump this

Comment

https://www.indiatvnews.com/news/ind...vaccine-681795

Gujarat: Sanitation worker dies hours after getting COVID-19 vaccine

Solanki’s wife Divya said, "I had no idea that he was going to be vaccinated. We had not discussed about it. After getting vaccinated, he returned home, but fainted while playing with our daughter. We suspect that his sudden death was caused due to the vaccination.”
                          PTI
                          Ahmedabad Published on: February 01, 2021 9:14 IST

A 30-year-old sanitation worker died around two hours after being administered a coronavirus vaccine in Gujarat's Vadodara on Sunday, following which authorities ordered a postmortem to ascertain the exact cause of his death, officials said. While the family members of the deceased said they suspect that the COVID-19 vaccine was the reason behind his sudden death, officials said he might have died due to a heart attack as he had a history of heart disease since 2016 and was not taking medicines....

Never forget Excalibur.

Comment

Working...
                          X