Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Potential Safety Issue - Media: NYPD Gearing Up for Potential Protests Before and After Election Day - published October 13, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Potential Safety Issue - Media: NYPD Gearing Up for Potential Protests Before and After Election Day - published October 13, 2020

snip

The NYPD anticipates that any protests that occur will grow in size, frequency and intensity both before and after Nov. 3, lasting all the way into the beginning of next year, the memo read.

more..

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...n-day/2664785/

Please keep this thread non-political. The issue here is potential violence and what people can do to protect themselves.

Comment

Right-Wing Extremists: A Looming Threat to the U.S. Election

By Bruce Hoffman, CFR Expert
      October 9, 2020
      • How real is the threat of extremist forces disrupting the U.S. election and stirring unrest in the aftermath?
      • Which groups pose the most significant threats?
      • Is the threat more serious now than it was months ago?
      • How concerned are you about these groups’ activities online and offline—in the streets?
      • How protected will polling places be? What type of official security presence is required or expected to ensure a free and fair vote?
      https://www.cfr.org/in-brief/right-w...at-us-election

Comment

To balance this out - there is also much speculation that left wing extremists may also be a threat. There are many links. Please google this issue.

The bottom line is that we all need to think about what if our city erupts into random violence, looting, etc. like we saw in the summer. Apparently many have left Manhattan, partly due to the fear of repeat violence. There are many videos online showing boarded up stores, deserted streets, etc. Also please google these.
        "In the month of March alone, there was a 256% increase in people moving out of the city compared to the same month last year.

Overall since March, more than 246,000 people have filed a change of address request. That's an almost 100% increase compared to the same time period in 2019.

'Back then, it was really scary and I just couldn't be there,' Ernakovich said." link

My concern here is that everyone should prepare a little bit to be able - again - to chose when to go out. For instance, Walmart can be problematic on a regular day:

I think the answer is to basically "prep" in advance so that you do not have to run out for milk, diapers, dog food, etc. Get things you will use anyway. Just so you have some control.

Comment

We shop at Walmart frequently and never see the kind of trouble depicted in that video. I think when you have never-ending crime in a jurisdiction, you have an ineffective justice system.

I agree leftist violence exits, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC4u1zo6OpQ
          Andy Ngo discusses Antifa attacks with Bret Weinstein | DarkHorse Podcast #1
          •Jul 2, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhPEXvLRD1Q
          ANTIFA NEARLY KILLED HIM: Andy Ngo Exposes Violent Leftism
          •Jul 1, 2020

Never forget Excalibur.
          “‘i love myself.’ the quietest. simplest. most powerful. revolution ever.” ---- nayyirah waheed
          Avatar: Franz Marc, Liegender Hund im Schnee 1911 (My posts are not intended as advice or professional assessments of any kind.)

Comment

National Nuclear Security Administration

NNSA to conduct aerial radiation measurements over Washington, D.C.

OCTOBER 19, 2020
            National Nuclear Security Administration
            OCTOBER 19, 2020

WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of Energy’s National Nuclear Security Administration (DOE/NNSA) will conduct low-altitude helicopter flights over downtown Washington, D.C. and areas in and around the Nation’s capital beginning on October 19 in preparation for the Presidential Inauguration. The inauguration is scheduled to take place on January 20, 2021.

NNSA’s Nuclear Emergency Support Team (NEST) aircraft will measure naturally occurring background radiation as part of standard preparations to protect public health and safety on the day of the event.

https://www.energy.gov/nnsa/articles...-washington-dc

WHAT??

Comment

• sharon sanders
              sharon sanders commented
              Editing a comment
              I am surprised that they are starting on October 19. Seems early.

https://reason.com/2020/10/02/the-co...a-in-portland/
            The Conservative Trans Woman Who Went Undercover With Antifa in Portland
            Confessions of a black bloc mole
            Nancy Rommelmann | 10.2.2020 2:20 PM
            It takes a special moral blindness to see setting fires, breaking windows, and threatening journalists as the road to justice. I've seen this moral blindness rise along with the violence in Portland. Young activists have told me frankly that they don't give a **** if someone working in the basement of the police station burns to death because, hey, she chose to work there. I've seen activists cheer the murder of a member of the conservative group Patriot Prayer. You cannot employ the violence of your perceived enemies and expect your revolution to end in peace.

What Smith has experienced has not been peaceful. She's had friends beaten up by antifa. She's been threatened herself. It made her curious. This summer, she decided to find out more by going undercover with the black bloc anarchists in Portland...
            Never forget Excalibur.
            “‘i love myself.’ the quietest. simplest. most powerful. revolution ever.” ---- nayyirah waheed
            Avatar: Franz Marc, Liegender Hund im Schnee 1911 (My posts are not intended as advice or professional assessments of any kind.)

Comment

bump this

Comment

Facebook Prepares Measures for Possible Election Unrest

Tools include slowing the spread of certain posts and tweaking users’ news feeds

Oct. 25, 2020 2:47 pm ET

Facebook Inc. teams have planned for the possibility of trying to calm election-related conflict in the U.S. by deploying internal tools designed for what it calls “at-risk” countries, according to people familiar with the matter.

The emergency measures include slowing the spread of viral content and lowering the bar for suppressing potentially inflammatory posts, the people said. Previously used in countries including Sri Lanka and Myanmar, they are part of a larger tool kit developed by Facebook to prepare for the U.S. election.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/faceboo...st-11603651659

Comment

Working...
                X