Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertrand789
    replied
    He's very American, he seems to want his own thing. He found out by using other people's tips. There, he seems to want his or hers.

Technically, it is feasible and legally it could be much easier for legislators and lawyers ...

At most a candidate, it will be a TV channel, a newspaper, a mailbox, etc.

Except that the economic model will be really profitable in use?

I say this because if the legal liability of these entities is engaged by the content, it could be quite a blow.

At this stage, the responsibility is by message and by author, but, if we consider that the owner entity is responsible for everything, this could imply that these entities must monitor, at their cost, the whole. content, of course if we consider that even if they can be encrypted and visible, that for some, the justice branch of the state, must have its right of inspection ...

Leave a comment:

• Treyfish
    replied
    Yes, you were ahead of the game!

Leave a comment:

• sharon sanders
    replied
    Apparently there are many leaving Twitter. Some are going to something called Gab. FluTrackers is not on this platform. I have tried to access Gab out of curiosity but, apparently, so many are joining that the site is overwhelmed. We still have our account at Twitter but are not providing any content. We are not cancelling our account. We are down a net 300 followers in the last day from what I assume are people cancelling their accounts. Since we do not fund raise it does not matter how many followers we have on any platform. But it is interesting.

It appears Parler has been deplatformed. i.e. Their server company kicked them off. Also, the app stores have cancelled their app. We do not have an account on this platform.

FluTrackers has no plans to join any social media at this time. We will run our own sites until further notice.

Published January 10

Gab gaining 10,000 users per hour, CEO claims, after Trump's permanent Twitter suspension

“The traffic just keeps growing," CEO Andrew Torba says

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technolo...ter-suspension

Leave a comment:

• sharon sanders
    replied
    I just noticed via the analytics function on the FluTrackers twitter account that the Chief Technology Officer of twitter has followed us in November. Since we are not tweeting I am wondering why he followed our account.

Click image for larger version

Name:	paragfollows.PNG
Views:	558
Size:	346.2 KB
ID:	899198

Thank you for following Parag. Please return to your original format.

Leave a comment:

• sharon sanders
    replied
    I have seen nothing from today's Senate hearings interviewing the CEOs of facebook and twitter that encourages me to make any effort to reinstate our participation on either of those platforms. I would also like some "follow up" regarding the allegations in the hearing that facebook, twitter, and google may coordinate content moderation efforts, either formally or informally.

There are many videos of these hearings to watch on youtube.

Leave a comment:

• sharon sanders
    replied
    Originally posted by gsgs View Post
    so, which of 1.),2.),3.) are we improving by leaving twitter ?

we could also block users, Ithis seems to be common recently

e.g. we're blocked by Daszak and ersaflavinkins, presumably because each one thinks, we were
    in the other camp ;-)

they should change twitter into a forum
    H5N1 was better than COVID , forum-wise
    best was USENET before 2003, should be revived

are we still on facebook
    Just to clarify - gsgs is speaking about his own personal account being blocked.

The FluTrackers is only blocked by HealthMap. Always follow the $.

Also please see:

There is no more FluTrackers on Facebook - January 3, 2019

Leave a comment:

• Emily
    commented on 's reply
    We'd probably settle for any improvement. There are a lot of paid lobbyists signing on now for the election. That's why it's so rough. The censorship on top of that is just too much.
    Speaking of lobbyists, imagine being paid over $300,000 of US taxpayer money to sit on twitter and block people.

• gsgs
    replied
    so, which of 1.),2.),3.) are we improving by leaving twitter ?

we could also block users, Ithis seems to be common recently

e.g. we're blocked by Daszak and ersaflavinkins, presumably because each one thinks, we were
    in the other camp ;-)

they should change twitter into a forum
    H5N1 was better than COVID , forum-wise
    best was USENET before 2003, should be revived

are we still on facebook

Leave a comment:

• FluTrackers withdraws from Twitter - September 16, 2020 - Updated

FluTrackers withdraws from Twitter.

Upon careful consideration FluTrackers is withdrawing from Twitter for the following reasons:

1) The climate on Twitter has significantly changed since 2009. It was once a mostly benign social media platform. Now the platform is a "Flame War" site. FluTrackers does not engage in these types of sites.There are copious amounts of negative dialogue on Twitter which could be characterized as extreme bashing. We have never allowed bashing on FluTrackers. We insist all conversation is civil. We respect human dignity - even when we disagree . In addition, I have seen instances where many participants on Twitter will pursue someone in real life: try to ruin them financially, get them fired, etc. I have seen this comment more than once: "Twitter, you know what to do", as a rallying cry to identify someone from a video posted on the site. Some of these people reported receiving death threats after being outed.

2) The amount of censorship on the Twitter site, which was originally marketed as a general platform for a free exchange of ideas on many topics, has exponentially increased. It appears that accounts are suspended for posting a tweet that is considered "fake news" by Twitter censors. It appears Twitter is a rubber stamp of some official government and main stream media accounts. Any tweet that does not conform appears to put the account at risk.

3) Moving forward we do not want to be worried about any of our tweets. We are in a pandemic and there is no time for any foolishness.

We want to thank all of our Twitter followers. Please bookmark our site and click on LATEST POSTS a couple times a day. If you would like to tweet any post you can use the "Tweet" button on the left side in each post.

Always use at least two sources for news. Be critical of everything. Use your common sense.

We are with you.

Working...
X