Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion thread III - Covid-19 (new coronavirus)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sharon sanders
    replied
    Please see the new discussion thread: https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/...ew-coronavirus

Leave a comment:

• Vibrant62
    commented on 's reply
    It would be helpful if the CDC or similar could come up with a set of such recommendations which we could then publish

• cartski
    replied
    Question is, how important or what impact would the prior existing Adeno or Rhino have on the COVID outcomes?

Leave a comment:

• kiwibird
    commented on 's reply
    Really interesting - check out the comments to Supas post above Mcphilbrick. Very important that we let everyone know. It doesn't seem to be disseminating to the health care professionals as I thought it would. Let them know. Thanks for the post.

• kiwibird
    commented on 's reply
    Cartski - I couldn't agree more. Thank you Supa, again. This is very valuable information. Along with the declaration by the French Health Minister Olivier Veran, https://www.thelocal.fr/20200314/cor...i-flammatories, we need to really promote this information.

• Ronan Kelly
    replied
    Originally posted by flatlander View Post
    So I have a question about the normal flu testing (maybe to Ronan?). Just went through a post of someone who had been possibly exposed to the COVID-19 virus. He went in at the direction of his local health department to get tested and determine if he should be tested for COVID-19. This is all after he had symptoms for several days, had been feeling better, but had found out about the exposure. They did flu test, strep test and chest x-ray on him. The flu test and strep test came back negative. Not sure how the chest x-ray turned out. They decided since he was negative for all of those they would do the COVID-19 test. That came back 5 days later and he was negative. Said the report said he had an Upper Respiratory Virus.

So my question is,is there a possibility that the uptick of ILI could be this type of virus or something similar? So would his results get logged in that graph as unidentified?

Just wondering if there is something else running around.
    Yes, there are adenoviruses & rhinoviruses about also. One or two states actually report on those too. On one report I did see a rise in Rhinovirus that coincided with a rise in ILI, but I've looked at so many, I can't remember which state it was.

Leave a comment:

• Supa
    replied
    edit... stay healthy

Leave a comment:

• sharon sanders
    replied
    We can discuss medical reports, papers, news articles, many things. We will not answer direct questions about treatment recommendations for COVID-19.

While some of us are medical doctors, many are not.

Please do not ask us for any recommendations.

We do not know. No one knows. Medical professionals are trying some things. That is about it.

Avoid damaging your lungs.

Be your best healthy you. (and I should take that advice too! omg I am so out of shape).

Leave a comment:

• sharon sanders
    commented on 's reply
    We do not have such a list. That would be practicing medicine.

Please consult your medical practitioner.

• flatlander
    replied
    So I have a question about the normal flu testing (maybe to Ronan?). Just went through a post of someone who had been possibly exposed to the COVID-19 virus. He went in at the direction of his local health department to get tested and determine if he should be tested for COVID-19. This is all after he had symptoms for several days, had been feeling better, but had found out about the exposure. They did flu test, strep test and chest x-ray on him. The flu test and strep test came back negative. Not sure how the chest x-ray turned out. They decided since he was negative for all of those they would do the COVID-19 test. That came back 5 days later and he was negative. Said the report said he had an Upper Respiratory Virus.

So my question is,is there a possibility that the uptick of ILI could be this type of virus or something similar? So would his results get logged in that graph as unidentified?

Just wondering if there is something else running around.

Leave a comment:

• Chicagogal
    replied
    Curious as to whether others have a cheat sheet of dos and don'ts. For example:

- DO supplement with Vit D, particularly if you are deficient
    - DON'T use aspirin or ibuprofen for fever.
    - Maybe use zinc lozenges
    - Maybe consider discontinuing lisinopril or losartin in favor of beta blockers or non angiotensin pathway blood pressure agents

Leave a comment:

• Steffi
    replied
    The founder and CEO of https://www.decode.com/ K?ri Stef?nsson generously offered to assist to test Icelanders for Covid19 in addition to our public health system. The public health system has concentrated on testing those with symptoms due to limited test kits (as most countries). Being an island it is easy to check on passengers coming to Iceland (flights or boats) and that is what has been done so far here in addition to mandatory quarantine of passengers from high risk countries. So far DeCode has been testing the general public and has evaluated some 700 tests in the last couple of days, half of those tests taken from people that had been abroad recently. Bear in mind that those tested do not represent the whole populations, rather people within easy access of Decode location in Reykjav?k. So far 2 have recovered in Iceland, which is not yet shown on www.covid.is and 3 are in hospital, of those one is in intensive care.

The findings are as follows:

6 tested positive, 3 with symptoms (mild, like common cold), 3 without symptoms.

2 of those positive tests were analyzed further, one, S-type was found to originate from the east cost of USA, the other, L-type originated in the Netherlands (and most likely came there from Italy).

Leave a comment:

• mcphilbrick
    replied
    French tweeting that anti-inflamatories May aggravate bodies response to coronavirus

Leave a comment:

• Ronan Kelly
    replied
    Neither NY nor NJ have released a week 10 Influenza report yet. This is the first time in my experience that that has happened. That ILI data would be very interesting.

Leave a comment:

• kiwibird
    commented on 's reply
    There are multiple threads here discussing, amongst other things, original antigenic sin and the problems caused by dual viral infections.This post by Michael Coston is an excellent summary of this problem - imo - https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/...nadian-problem
Working...
X