Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion thread III - Covid-19 (new coronavirus)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I have a question about the normal flu testing (maybe to Ronan?). Just went through a post of someone who had been possibly exposed to the COVID-19 virus. He went in at the direction of his local health department to get tested and determine if he should be tested for COVID-19. This is all after he had symptoms for several days, had been feeling better, but had found out about the exposure. They did flu test, strep test and chest x-ray on him. The flu test and strep test came back negative. Not sure how the chest x-ray turned out. They decided since he was negative for all of those they would do the COVID-19 test. That came back 5 days later and he was negative. Said the report said he had an Upper Respiratory Virus.

So my question is,is there a possibility that the uptick of ILI could be this type of virus or something similar? So would his results get logged in that graph as unidentified?

Just wondering if there is something else running around.

Comment

• We can discuss medical reports, papers, news articles, many things. We will not answer direct questions about treatment recommendations for COVID-19.

While some of us are medical doctors, many are not.

Please do not ask us for any recommendations.

We do not know. No one knows. Medical professionals are trying some things. That is about it.

Avoid damaging your lungs.

Be your best healthy you. (and I should take that advice too! omg I am so out of shape).

Comment

• edit... stay healthy

Comment

• Originally posted by flatlander View Post
          So I have a question about the normal flu testing (maybe to Ronan?). Just went through a post of someone who had been possibly exposed to the COVID-19 virus. He went in at the direction of his local health department to get tested and determine if he should be tested for COVID-19. This is all after he had symptoms for several days, had been feeling better, but had found out about the exposure. They did flu test, strep test and chest x-ray on him. The flu test and strep test came back negative. Not sure how the chest x-ray turned out. They decided since he was negative for all of those they would do the COVID-19 test. That came back 5 days later and he was negative. Said the report said he had an Upper Respiratory Virus.

So my question is,is there a possibility that the uptick of ILI could be this type of virus or something similar? So would his results get logged in that graph as unidentified?

Just wondering if there is something else running around.
          Yes, there are adenoviruses & rhinoviruses about also. One or two states actually report on those too. On one report I did see a rise in Rhinovirus that coincided with a rise in ILI, but I've looked at so many, I can't remember which state it was.
          Twitter: @RonanKelly13
          The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

• Question is, how important or what impact would the prior existing Adeno or Rhino have on the COVID outcomes?

Comment

• Please see the new discussion thread: https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/...ew-coronavirus

Comment

Working...
              X