Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion thread II - Covid-19 (new coronavirus)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mb59747 View Post
    Hello all. Long time lurker, first post in years.

I am wondering your thoughts on the many people that seem to be “dropping” in the streets. I am following Twitter #coronovirus and seeing many - dozens - of people that appear to have passed out or died on the street.

Are they deaths? Is there a way to know? Or are they passing out due to something else (panic, the masks, faking it?).

If they are deaths and not counted, how will we ever truly know the death rate?

Just wondering the thoughts of the experts.

Thanks.
    In my personal opinion:
    Obviously, very hard to tell. Those videos have little-to-no context and are highly compressed.

However, I suspect some are legitimate.

From what I've read, any that die on the streets or in their homes will not be counted.

See my post #143 above. Too much red tape to obtain a true understanding of magnitude. All we have are bits and pieces and then we must put them together to get an approximate idea of what is really going on.

The only way to get any "real" numbers will be from outside China. However, if this virus is a virulent as it is being proclaimed, I expect many nations will start applying more "red tape".

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky View Post

Well the strongest antibiotic in the world is Tumeric, Ginger and garlic, equal amounts chopped fine, pack down into a small jar and cover with honey and a pinch of pepper for absobsion.

Take a spoonful each morning 2 hours before eating.

A full body cleansing, and costs $2-3 dollars and nothing modern medicine has created is better...
      And your reference for this claim is . . .
      [Can't tell if sarcastic **** posting or not]

Comment

• On trouve o? la fiche de danger de cet agent?
        Maintenant qu'il est admis que les f?ces sont contaminees: on recommande de baisser la planche d?s toilettes avant de tirer la chasse, il est propos? quoi pour la gestion des ?gouts collectifs et leurs habitants ?
        I haven't read anything regarding guidelines for workers in wastewater/water treatment plants. It's an issue that needs to be studied. Also, human waste has been used in fertilizer in many places on the planet....this too could be an issue depending on the level of treatment.

I am wondering your thoughts on the many people that seem to be “dropping” in the streets. I am following Twitter #coronovirus and seeing many - dozens - of people that appear to have passed out or died on the street.

Are they deaths? Is there a way to know? Or are they passing out due to something else (panic, the masks, faking it?).

The videos and photos of people dead or lying in the street are very disturbing. Are all these people victims of the virus? In truth, I don't think we'll ever know. Explanations could be the virus, having a bad fall, being drunk, being stoned..anyone's guess...but they are indeed disturbing. There is undercounting of cases/death in China...but not sure we will ever know the numbers. Perhaps if monthly death stats by city ever become available (assuming they are not doctored) one could so a comparison with previous years and get an idea of impact...my 2 cents.

Comment

• We're going to need a Discussion: Videos from around the world" thread soon.

Allegedly a video from a Hokkaido to Hong Kong flight in which passengers are not being permitted to disembark because of 7 people having fever. I can't find any confirmation as of yet.

Comment

• Has anyone seen anything on how they are treating the prison population in Hubei and elsewhere?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiloh View Post
              Has anyone seen anything on how they are treating the prison population in Hubei and elsewhere?
              I can't even imagine. Let alone the Uighurs internment camps.

Comment

• Originally posted by mb59747 View Post

Just wondering the thoughts of the experts.

Thanks.
                Might be the first documented case. Although it doesn’t seem this individual dropped dead. But the video shows him falling a couple of times.

Edit: here’s another video showing a collapse and what appears to be convulsions:

Comment

• Question fiche de danger:
                  ​​​​​​- quid de la survie des coronavirus dans les produits congel?s, une des sp?cialit?s des march?s initiaux ?
                  ​​​​​​- quid de la surveillance des animaux dans les ?gouts : des chauve souris aux rats ?
                  Dit autrement quid de la fiche de danger pour les actions concr?tes ?

Comment

• kiwibird
                    kiwibird commented
                    Editing a comment
                    OH yes - this has been on my mind. I remember when H5N1 was prevalent - some of the potentially contaminated eggs were sold to a wholesaler who put them into cold storage and sold them retail many months later.

• Secretary of Defense Dr. Mark T. Esper has approved a directive to inform personnel on the coronavirus. It lists precautions they should take and how to recognize the signs and symptoms.

Comment

• Looks like 36 of the 254 French evacuees may have symptoms

French health minister: 36 people on the evacuation flight had symptoms of coronavirus; 16 were transferred for return to their home country, 20 others remain on the tarmac to wait for test results - BFM

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye View Post

Might be the first documented case. Although it doesn’t seem this individual dropped dead. But the video shows him falling a couple of times.

Edit: here’s another video showing a collapse and what appears to be convulsions:
                      https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=s5FgJ_1580669383
                      Above links are no longer working. The videos have been removed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Readymom View Post

Above links are no longer working. The videos have been removed.
                        Interesting. The first video security footage from an elevator of man falling while he waited inside. Then some time passes the elevator opened and then the view was of the parking garage. As he is walking he falls and collapses. Seems some time passes because the scene cuts to someone showing up to help him. The description said he was one of the first to die from nCov.

I've read elsewhere that Live Leak has been deleting videos regarding nCov.

Comment

• San Francisco is reporting a 2nd Case.

Comment

• Delta expecting flights between US and China to be suspended thru April 30th

American Airlines expects flights to be suspended until March 2nd.

Comment

• The CDC analyzed samples taken from the students and determined those results were negative. Officials added that no additional suspected coronavirus cases have emerged from Butler County or the st…

The Ohio Department of Health announced the organization, in partnership with Miami University, Butler County General Health, Middletown Health Department and the Hamilton City Health Department, will announce the latest information on the possible 2019-novel coronavirus cases.

A press conference is scheduled for 7 p.m. at Miami University.

Comment

Working...
                              X