Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion: Videos, news reports, various information about what is going on in China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emily
    commented on 's reply
    This is really horrible. They are beating humans the way they were beating dogs during the first wave.

• kiwibird
    replied
    It appears more apartment blocks are being welded shut. https://twitter.com/i/status/1266139839650500614
    Shuguang New Town

Leave a comment:

• Shiloh
    replied
    China video: Pregnant woman turned away from two hospitals in Guangzhou as they don't treat Africans: https://www.ibtimes.sg/china-racism-...uangzhou-43924

Leave a comment:

• kiwibird
    replied
    https://twitter.com/jenniferatntd/st...22839147597825

Meanwhile - allegedly - in Wuhan...

Leave a comment:

• Shiloh
    replied
    Urns in Wuhan far exceed death toll, raising more questions about China’s tally (photos): http://shanghaiist.com/2020/03/27/ur...-chinas-tally/

Leave a comment:

• Pathfinder
    replied
    Translation Google

Chen Qiushi, Fang Bin, Li Zehua, Missing Wuhan, Someone "Soul" on the Internet

issuing time: 21/03/2020-16:50

Citizen journalist Chen Qiushi and Fang Bin Li Zehua lost contact during the Wuhan investigation.
    Citizen journalist Chen Qiushi and Fang Bin Li Zehua lost contact during the Wuhan investigation. ? DR Network Pictures
    Author:
    Gu Li
    Citizen journalist Chen Qiushi, Wuhan resident Fang Bin, and former CCTV reporter Li Zehua, went missing in February this year while investigating the live broadcast epidemic in Wuhan, and have not heard from it for more than a month. Someone online today called them "Soul" --- Chen Qiushi Fang Bin Li Zehua went home!

During the field closure in Wuhan, three people who reported the epidemic: Chen Qiushi, Fang Bin, Li Zehua, and others lost contact in February this year. Up to now, there has been no news at all, causing concern. Today on Twitter, some netizens called for them to say that power is the soul--Chen Qiushi, Fang Bin, and Li Zehua go home!

Chen Qiushi arrived in Wuhan on the eve of Wuhan ’s closure. He assured everyone that his report would not create rumors, and seek truth from facts. Then he sent videos of hospitals, seafood markets, street scenes, etc. from Wuhan to show the outside world a Wuhan that is different from the official media. His report came to an abrupt end on February 7. He finally told his mother on the YouTube channel that he was going to film the situation in Wuhan Fangcai Hospital, and then lost his contact that day. There is no news so far.

Fang Bin, a Wuhan resident who met Chen Qiushi, also filmed and reported the epidemic in Wuhan. The video he sent to the outside world included the tragedy of the hospital morgue. So on February 9, Fang Bin also evaporated. His final video showed that the person wearing the protective suit knocked on the door and asked to take a temperature check. He said that his temperature was OK and he tried to refuse.

Former CCTV reporter Li Zehua disappeared last on February 26. The goals of his visit include the Baibuting District, where banquets are held, funeral homes for sky-high recruitment of corpses, Wuchang Railway Station where migrant workers are stranded ... In the end, he touched the red line --- Wuhan P4 Virus Institute. According to the Free Asia report, on February 26, Li Zehua's video on YouTube read that he was being hunted by Guoan for visiting the P4 virus office in Wuhan. The laboratory is suspected to be the source of the outbreak. That night, Li Zehua lived on Youtube for four hours. The last few people with masks entered his room. Black screen of live broadcast.

There have been no new confirmed cases in Wuhan for three consecutive days. The outbreak appears to be ending. However, the three reporters had no information. People are concerned about their safety, and some worry that they will be made "positive."

http://www.rfi.fr/cn/%E4%B8%AD%E5%9B...%E6%B1%89%E5%A 4%B1%E8%B8%AA%E6%9C%88%E4%BD%99-%E7%BD%91%E4%B8%8A%E6%9C%89%E4%BA%BA-%E5%8F%AB%E9%AD%82

Leave a comment:

• kiwibird
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sharon sanders
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Vibrant62
    replied
    Unfortunately not - just one of the video's that surfaced on Youtube, but would have thought it is very hard indeed to fake -you would need a large cast and quite considerable technical expertise and time to fake that I think. There have been others similar to this, but these were more about the night shout outs to people to 'stay strong' etc at night. The tone has changed. I would expect the isolation will be getting to many.

Leave a comment:

• St Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Vibrant62 View Post
    This video has just been posted from inside Wuhan. It sounds like something I would imagine from a vision of Dante's version of Hell... however it is more important than that. It suggests that the residents of Wuhan are reaching the end of their tether.. I don't know how much longer China will be able to keep up the current levels of quarantine there without the situation exploding on a society level. I also think that whatever our views of China may be, we do need to thank them for buying us all time. This video embodies the great personal cost of the individuals there. We do need to remember this as things unfold in the weeks and months ahead in our own countries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x07uSrTQdNg
    This is very disturbing indeed. Any idea of its veracity?

Leave a comment:

• JimO
    replied
    Originally posted by Vibrant62 View Post
    This video has just been posted from inside Wuhan. It sounds like something I would imagine from a vision of Dante's version of Hell... however it is more important than that. It suggests that the residents of Wuhan are reaching the end of their tether.. I don't know how much longer China will be able to keep up the current levels of quarantine there without the situation exploding on a society level. I also think that whatever our views of China may be, we do need to thank them for buying us all time. This video embodies the great personal cost of the individuals there. We do need to remember this as things unfold in the weeks and months ahead in our own countries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x07uSrTQdNg
    That is incredibly disturbing.

Leave a comment:

• Vibrant62
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kiwibird
    replied
    A beautifully written diary of a young nurse taking care of patients in intensive care in Wuhan. A small snip...

Wu Yiying's first visit to Wuhan was too late to become familiar with the city. On January 25, Jinyintan Hospital handed over the second and third floors of the North Hospital to the Shanghai medical team of more than 130 people. The second floor is the general ward, and the third floor is the intensive care unit.

At that time, Jinyintan Hospital attracted worldwide attention and was treating the largest number of patients with new coronary pneumonia. Formerly known as Wuhan Medical Treatment Center, it is the only public health medical treatment base in Wuhan with a history of nearly 100 years. It is also the designated hospital for emergency medical treatment in Hubei and Wuhan. Among Wuhan residents, this is a hospital that specializes in treating infectious patients.

Wu Yiying's first impression was that the medical staff of Jinyintan Hospital, who had been working for more than a month, obviously felt overwhelmed. "Nursing records are messy and the ward environment is terrible." Wu Yiying described that the ward could only be cleaned once every two days, and the garbage spilled out of the trash.

Like most hospitals seeking online help, there is also a shortage of supplies here, and surgical gowns and scalpels are not enough. "I used it today, I don't know if it will be tomorrow." Wu Yiying said, the most intuitive thing is the lack of medical supplies, lack of nurses, and living materials have been tense. Immediately resolved after good coordination. "

Nursing One person takes care of 4 critically ill patients, a patient finishes a bowl of porridge in an hour and a half

In the afternoon of January 26, Wu Yiying learned that she was assigned to the intensive care unit on the third floor of the North Hospital of Jinyintan Hospital. The first class was the night shift.

Most of the severely ill Jinyintan Hospitals are isolated areas. In the intensive care unit, more than 20 patients are using non-invasive ventilators.
    ....snip

Leave a comment:

• Pathfinder
    replied
    Translation Google

Nurses from a temporary hospital in Wuhan found a way to cheer up patients: simple movements and loud music made some of them get up and dance a little.

Leave a comment:

• sharon sanders
    commented on 's reply
    Interesting! He said that he and his wife have a box of 20 masks and you can get arrested for going outside without one. So that is essentially 20 trips. What happens after that? Isn't everyone going to be in the same situation soon?
Working...
X