Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion: Videos, news reports, various information about what is going on in China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharky
    replied
    Enlightening discussion and video from a medical professional who speaks Chinese and used to live in China, and still has contacts there.

Leave a comment:

• hawkeye
    replied
    Real or not, the fear certainly is.
    Video is of a supposed Wuhan high schooler who knows he is infected spitting on the elevator door buttons in Hanjiang while visiting for New Years.

Leave a comment:

• hawkeye
    replied
    Purported video of a nurse saying 90,000 infections in Wuhan.

Leave a comment:

• JimO
    replied
    It wouldn't surprise me if the number of confirmed cases increases fairly dramatically here in the U.S. and elsewhere, for the following reasons (just my humble opinion):

1) I am convinced that this coronavirus was well established in humans in the city of Wuhan weeks or even months before the first reports surfaced in late December.

2) It appears to easily transmit H2H and has an incubation period of at least several days, if not more, making it very likely that people were exposed and traveled before becoming symptomatic.

3) Thousands of people likely passed through Wuhan and traveled broadly before it was identified, many even as late as last week before serious attempts were made to screen travelers.

4) Given that we're at peak flu season, many cases may have been mistaken for flu.

5) Over just the past week we are hearing ever increasing reports of suspected cases that are distributed over broad geographic areas.

6) After reading the available reports, I believe that it is impossible to claim that any efforts at containment were successful and are likely too little, too late.

Colleges and universities are particularly vulnerable because students coming from abroad could have been exposed and then went to school where there are large numbers of people in close quarters. I expect to see confirmed cases in college students over the coming weeks.

It wouldn't surprise me if the CDC discovers that some "flu deaths" might actually have been coronavirus.

I expect that by this time next week we'll have hundreds of confirmed cases and suspected H2H transmission. I can only hope that the R0 and case fatality rate are much lower than previous coronavirus outbreaks. Time to dust off our preparedness plans.

I don't want to sound like an alarmist and I am happy to be completely wrong, but if this does turn into a pandemic, I fear it will happen more quickly than the flu outbreaks.

Leave a comment:

• JimO
    replied
    Originally posted by sharon sanders View Post
    These scenes are everything that is feared might happen.
    This can't have all happened in a few weeks. They have outdoor facilities set up with ventilation control, which means there are likely a lot more than several hundred cases. The crowds and chaos in the hospital tells me there are many more sick people who have not been tested than the relatively few tested cases. For heaven's sake, the most recent video shows unattended dead bodies in a hall filled with patients apparently waiting care.

This has been going on longer than the Chinese government is letting on.

Leave a comment:

• hawkeye
    replied
    Originally posted by hawkeye View Post
    More info follow-up for validity:
    Startling footage has emerged from a hospital at the epicentre of the new coronavirus outbreak in central China, apparently showing bodies covered by sheets.

Leave a comment:

• hawkeye
    replied
    Another hospital video:

Leave a comment:

• Sharky
    replied
    A number of interesting videos at this Twitter account:

Leave a comment:

• hawkeye
    replied
    Unnamed hospital. Video is of one of the crowded floors/halls showing what appears to be 2-3 individuals fully covered with a sheet.

Leave a comment:

• hawkeye
    replied
    Impressive, 1,000 beds in 6 days in Wuhan

Translation:
    The isolation hospital in Wuhan that was said to be built yesterday has begun construction this morning. There are 1,000 beds for treating patients, which will be completed in 6 days.

Leave a comment:

• hawkeye
    replied
    We all need to be careful about the videos and photos.

Translation:
    On January 23, a picture of Changsha Huanghua Airport spread on the Internet made many netizens anxious and worried. The picture is inside the Changsha Huanghua Airport. There are staff wearing white protective clothing and a lying in an isolation box The isolation personnel here also pulled up a blue isolation belt with the words "Changsha Huanghua International Airport" on the isolation belt.

The reporter learned from Hunan Airport Group that this picture is an emergency treatment exercise for plague prevention and control at the Changsha Customs Port on December 3, 2019, and has nothing to do with this epidemic prevention and control.

At present, cadres and employees of Changsha Airport are in order to ensure the safe travel of passengers, cancel vacations, and rush to prevent and control epidemics in the frontline. Please don't be misled by a picture.

手机新浪网是新浪网的手机门户网站,为亿万用户打造一个手机联通世界的超级平台,提供24小时全面及时的中文资讯,内容覆盖国内外突发新闻事件、体坛赛事、娱乐时尚、产业资讯、实用信息等。手机新浪网触屏版 - sina.cn

Leave a comment:

• hawkeye
    replied
    Originally posted by AnnaLisa View Post

Unless there is so much of it they are becoming desensitized to it all.
    It could be a video of another incident. It is so hard to know with such short clips.

Leave a comment:

• AnnaLisa
    replied
    Originally posted by sharon sanders View Post

I don't know where that is but no one is wearing a mask. And someone in a doctor's coat is on the floor while another doctor is walking around? Seems very odd for an infectious disease situation. I think a doctor was attacked and killed in a hospital not to long ago. Maybe this is a video of from event?
    Unless there is so much of it they are becoming desensitized to it all.

Leave a comment:

• sharon sanders
    replied
    Originally posted by hawkeye View Post

I’ve seen many videos that have been posted. This one in particular is currently standing out as defining a very horrible scene.

it is a video inside a hospital. I can only hope it is not real..

https://mobile.twitter.com/BaharAtak...59474579873797
    I don't know where that is but no one is wearing a mask. And someone in a doctor's coat is on the floor while another doctor is walking around? Seems very odd for an infectious disease situation. I think a doctor was attacked and killed in a hospital not to long ago. Maybe this is a video of from event?

Leave a comment:

• Pathfinder
    replied
    Translated -

The third consecutive night of crowds in Wuhan Hospital】

On the evening of January 23, both inside and outside Wuhan Hospital were still waiting for fever patients, and news of insufficient drugs continued to be heard in the hospital. The hospital also asked for help.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X