Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion: Videos, news reports, various information about what is going on in China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This video has just been posted from inside Wuhan. It sounds like something I would imagine from a vision of Dante's version of Hell... however it is more important than that. It suggests that the residents of Wuhan are reaching the end of their tether.. I don't know how much longer China will be able to keep up the current levels of quarantine there without the situation exploding on a society level. I also think that whatever our views of China may be, we do need to thank them for buying us all time. This video embodies the great personal cost of the individuals there. We do need to remember this as things unfold in the weeks and months ahead in our own countries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vibrant62 View Post
      This video has just been posted from inside Wuhan. It sounds like something I would imagine from a vision of Dante's version of Hell... however it is more important than that. It suggests that the residents of Wuhan are reaching the end of their tether.. I don't know how much longer China will be able to keep up the current levels of quarantine there without the situation exploding on a society level. I also think that whatever our views of China may be, we do need to thank them for buying us all time. This video embodies the great personal cost of the individuals there. We do need to remember this as things unfold in the weeks and months ahead in our own countries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x07uSrTQdNg
      That is incredibly disturbing.
      "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

• Originally posted by Vibrant62 View Post
        This video has just been posted from inside Wuhan. It sounds like something I would imagine from a vision of Dante's version of Hell... however it is more important than that. It suggests that the residents of Wuhan are reaching the end of their tether.. I don't know how much longer China will be able to keep up the current levels of quarantine there without the situation exploding on a society level. I also think that whatever our views of China may be, we do need to thank them for buying us all time. This video embodies the great personal cost of the individuals there. We do need to remember this as things unfold in the weeks and months ahead in our own countries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x07uSrTQdNg
        This is very disturbing indeed. Any idea of its veracity?

Comment

• Unfortunately not - just one of the video's that surfaced on Youtube, but would have thought it is very hard indeed to fake -you would need a large cast and quite considerable technical expertise and time to fake that I think. There have been others similar to this, but these were more about the night shout outs to people to 'stay strong' etc at night. The tone has changed. I would expect the isolation will be getting to many.

Comment

• Comment

• "The only security we have is our ability to adapt."

Comment

• Translation Google

Chen Qiushi, Fang Bin, Li Zehua, Missing Wuhan, Someone "Soul" on the Internet

issuing time: 21/03/2020-16:50

Citizen journalist Chen Qiushi and Fang Bin Li Zehua lost contact during the Wuhan investigation.
                Citizen journalist Chen Qiushi and Fang Bin Li Zehua lost contact during the Wuhan investigation. ? DR Network Pictures
                Author:
                Gu Li
                Citizen journalist Chen Qiushi, Wuhan resident Fang Bin, and former CCTV reporter Li Zehua, went missing in February this year while investigating the live broadcast epidemic in Wuhan, and have not heard from it for more than a month. Someone online today called them "Soul" --- Chen Qiushi Fang Bin Li Zehua went home!

During the field closure in Wuhan, three people who reported the epidemic: Chen Qiushi, Fang Bin, Li Zehua, and others lost contact in February this year. Up to now, there has been no news at all, causing concern. Today on Twitter, some netizens called for them to say that power is the soul--Chen Qiushi, Fang Bin, and Li Zehua go home!

Chen Qiushi arrived in Wuhan on the eve of Wuhan ’s closure. He assured everyone that his report would not create rumors, and seek truth from facts. Then he sent videos of hospitals, seafood markets, street scenes, etc. from Wuhan to show the outside world a Wuhan that is different from the official media. His report came to an abrupt end on February 7. He finally told his mother on the YouTube channel that he was going to film the situation in Wuhan Fangcai Hospital, and then lost his contact that day. There is no news so far.

Fang Bin, a Wuhan resident who met Chen Qiushi, also filmed and reported the epidemic in Wuhan. The video he sent to the outside world included the tragedy of the hospital morgue. So on February 9, Fang Bin also evaporated. His final video showed that the person wearing the protective suit knocked on the door and asked to take a temperature check. He said that his temperature was OK and he tried to refuse.

Former CCTV reporter Li Zehua disappeared last on February 26. The goals of his visit include the Baibuting District, where banquets are held, funeral homes for sky-high recruitment of corpses, Wuchang Railway Station where migrant workers are stranded ... In the end, he touched the red line --- Wuhan P4 Virus Institute. According to the Free Asia report, on February 26, Li Zehua's video on YouTube read that he was being hunted by Guoan for visiting the P4 virus office in Wuhan. The laboratory is suspected to be the source of the outbreak. That night, Li Zehua lived on Youtube for four hours. The last few people with masks entered his room. Black screen of live broadcast.

There have been no new confirmed cases in Wuhan for three consecutive days. The outbreak appears to be ending. However, the three reporters had no information. People are concerned about their safety, and some worry that they will be made "positive."

http://www.rfi.fr/cn/%E4%B8%AD%E5%9B...%E6%B1%89%E5%A 4%B1%E8%B8%AA%E6%9C%88%E4%BD%99-%E7%BD%91%E4%B8%8A%E6%9C%89%E4%BA%BA-%E5%8F%AB%E9%AD%82
                "Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
                -Nelson Mandela

Comment

• Urns in Wuhan far exceed death toll, raising more questions about China’s tally (photos): http://shanghaiist.com/2020/03/27/ur...-chinas-tally/

Comment

• https://twitter.com/jenniferatntd/st...22839147597825

Meanwhile - allegedly - in Wuhan...
                    "The only security we have is our ability to adapt."

Comment

• China video: Pregnant woman turned away from two hospitals in Guangzhou as they don't treat Africans: https://www.ibtimes.sg/china-racism-...uangzhou-43924

Comment

• Emily
                        Emily commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This is really horrible. They are beating humans the way they were beating dogs during the first wave.

• It appears more apartment blocks are being welded shut. https://twitter.com/i/status/1266139839650500614
                      Shuguang New Town
                      "The only security we have is our ability to adapt."

Comment

• Emily
                        Emily commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It made sense trying to control the initial outbreak so hospitals were unburdened, but hoping an illness like this could be eradicated was madness. They should have prepared people for reality.

• Bien que locale, cette initiative int?resse largement : le hashtag ? le code sant? de Hangzhou va entrer en application ? a ?t? visualis? plus de 110 millions de fois sur Weibo, l’?quivalent chinois de Twitter. Or, l’immense majorit? des r?actions ont ?t? n?gatives. Petit floril?ge : ? Il faut aussi que je vous dise combien de fois je chie par jour ? ?, ? Pourquoi mon entreprise devrait-elle ?tre au courant de ma sant? ? ? ? Je cherche un conjoint. Vais-je devoir lui montrer mon score ? ?, ? Parmi vos id?es lumineuses, envisagez-vous d’int?grer une puce dans notre corps ou de tatouer un code sur notre visage ? ?. Convaincu qu’Alibaba est derri?re tout cela, un internaute menace : ? Si Alipay [le syst?me de paiement d’Alibaba] fait cela, je me d?sabonne. ?

https://www.lemonde.fr/international...1211_3210.html

Comment

• Beijing

Comment

• hat tip @QueTipps

Comment

• Translation Google

In Wuhan, cradle of the coronavirus epidemic, an organized techno mega-party

Thousands of Chinese braved the fear of the epidemic in Wuhan, the epicenter of the new coronavirus, during a techno mega-party in a water park that made a lot of talk, Monday, August 17, on social networks.

On Saturday August 15, in Wuhan in China's Hubei province, revelers gathered in a giant swimming pool to the sound of techno.
                            (PHOTO)

Ouest France
                            With AFP.
                            Published on 17.08.2020 at 14:33

China, where Covid-19 first appeared at the end of last year , has largely contained the virus since, with just a few dozen new daily cases reported in recent days by official records .

Buoy, techno music but no mask

The metropolis of Wuhan (center) , cut off from the world for 76 days between January and April, has also gradually returned to normal life after being the first city on the planet to be quarantined due to coronavirus.

Last weekend, the Maya Beach Water Park was thus filled to the brim with swimsuits, dancing closely side by side to the sound of electronic music and visibly without any mask on the horizon.

The establishment reopened in June and limits attendance to 50%, according to local media. The entrance ticket is also reduced by 50% for women.

Many participants paddled in a large orange buoy, alone or with others.

To restore economy

The images broadcast by AFP have prompted scathing comments on social networks, as the Covid-19 has infected more than 21 million people around the world, including more than 766,000 fatally.

"This is how we cause a second or a third epidemic wave!" It's smart… ” wrote a user on Twitter.

While many Chinese continue to limit their travel and wear masks in public, the city of Wuhan is seeking to revive its economy severely affected by the epidemic at the start of the year.

https://www.ouest-france.fr/monde/ch...anisee-6939867
                            "Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
                            -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Working...
                            X