Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H7N9 discussion thread: January 24, 2014 to Feb 5 2014 (closed)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H7N9 discussion thread: January 24, 2014 to Feb 5 2014 (closed)

Previous discussion at H7N9 – Discussion, April 1, 2013 to June 3, 2013

- - - - - -
    worrying dynamic

where will it stop ? with that speed we will have thousands of cases soon

even if we assume it slows down again as last year in May,
    until then it may grow a lot. Even without sustained H2H

CIDRAP:In the past 3 weeks, cases have almost mirrored the 17, 28, and 38 weekly pattern
    that led to the 2013 peak
    cases are trending slightly younger, with a lower case fatality rate
    rapidly progressing severe pneumonia,
    the hemagglutinin (HA) and neuraminidase (NA) genes are similar to viruses from the first wave,
    the report said. It added that they are also similar to the influenza A/Anhui/1/2013

China: Hangzhou halts live poultry ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Laidback Al; January 27, 2014, 10:37 PM. Reason: Added link to previous discussion
    I'm interested in expert panflu damage estimates
    my current links: http://bit.ly/hFI7H ILI-charts: http://bit.ly/CcRgT

Re: Discussion thread : recent (2014/01/23) increase in H7N9 cases

There's not mean to stop the increase of human H7N9 human cases because infected animals continue to be present in every part of the country without a noticeable activity in prevention from veterinarian authorities.

In other words, H7N9 in China is out of control both in animals and in humans.

Local and national authorities favored no intervention against poultry business and by this way opening the door to a new, pathogenic virus to humans.

At this point, there is not further room for complacency from other world's countries before the disaster will materialize. Emergency plans have to be activated, drugs and medical supplies to be stockpiled in advance when possible.

No need to say that almost all world's population is and will be without any kind of defense against the H7N9 in the coming weeks and months.

Comment

Unfortunately I have to agree with Giuseppe.

H7N9 is widespread in China in some officially undeclared animal - probably chickens and geese, at least.

This situation is a risk to all humans presently located in the affected areas. Also, there is a high risk of spread to humans in adjacent countries through illegal poultry trade.

Whether this disease is efficiently spread between humans is unclear. The data is puzzling. Very few children have been reported with this illness and there have been very few clusters reported. Yet, we know that the 1st reported case was part of a family cluster.

From the data we do have it appears that human-to-human spread - at this time - is not as efficient as H1N1pdm09, for example. But it does occur.

So - what to do about this? I think all nations should activate their pandemic plans at a preparation level. This is the only prudent option.

For families I think the same. Talk to your nearest friends and relatives about gathering a several day supply of essential prescription drugs, food and water. This is not a waste of time. Families can use these preparations for local natural disasters too. We have some links here that can help you via the US CDC.

Forget about any vaccine. There is none available. At this time it appears an early intervention with oseltamivir is effective. But those supplies are limited on a world wide basis. The best defense against H7N9 is to avoid becoming ill.

We do not know the future of H7N9 but if you think about it now and review some of the links above, you will be prepared for the natural disasters that occur routinely in your area.

Comment

Originally posted by gsgs View Post
        worrying dynamic

where will it stop ? with that speed we will have thousands of cases soon
        Yes, the trend appears to be increasing exponentially.

Click image for larger version

Name:	H7N9 projected growth in cases 20140124.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	661330
        http://novel-infectious-diseases.blogspot.com/

Comment

The case data released by mainland China is related to hospitalized cases only. There is no data released about suspected or probable cases who are not hospitalized.

Of the hospitalized cases it appears in the last 3 weeks that the case fatality rate is approximately 11% with dozens still hospitalized in critical condition.

Comment

I am utterly convinced the carrier for this disease is not a typical fowl. Why? Because if it were the disease would have been seen in another country by now or, at least in a much larger portion of China. We know from past experience with H5N1 that wild birds took the virus out of China and into Southeast Asia within a very short time after it was first detected. This disease has yet to move out of eastern China. It is spreading but, at a much slower rate. That suggests to me the host can't fly. It also suggests to me that it isn't something that is moved routinely by shipping, such as chickens, ducks and other domestic fowl. The borders between Vietnam and China, have shown to be very porous to the trafficking of domestic fowl. Not that such movement was sanctioned but it proved to be the case with H5N1 transmission. Vermin, such as mice and rats, are also known to get the virus. And certain ferret studies have show it appears to replicate in lung cells fairly well.

I have to admit I am worried about a probable pandemic. While a flu season bump was fully expected, the actual number of known cases is worrying. I am certain we are not seeing every case of H7N9 in China. Medical care is not free unless you have been proven to be infected with this virus. Poor families will not have the wherewithal to seek medical attention on the off chance their malady is H7N9. We do know that there are thousands of children in pediatric hospitals suffering from pneumonia. As children do not seem to be suffering the same morbidity in the same numbers as those middle age and beyond, they would be a perfect reservoir. Since they are not sick enough to be thought to have the disease they are not tested. I, for one, would like a much more robust testing of the unexpectedly large number of child pneumonia cases.

Yesterday, we saw a National Geographic story linked to flutrackers. The article placed the origin of the 1918 pandemic in China. The thought is guest workers were brought to Canada and then shipped to England to help build up England's war effort. After arriving in Canada many were seen to be very sick. They were then quarantined. The disease was not in its most deadly mutation until a few months after the sequestering of the Chinese workers. Evidently there had been a lot of flu going around in China for approximately two years. Not many were actually dying. The most telling argument for the out of China theory was China did not suffer the same high mortality rates as did the rest of the world after the virus changed to its more deadly form. It was postulated they already had antibodies to the disease. Sound familiar?

I don't believe the virus has mutated to a pandemic inducing form yet. At least those who look at reassortments have not found this to be the case but, I don't think we are far off. I think it is better to be safe than sorry. So, just as you buy house insurance against the possible risk of fire, we should all plan and prepare for what might be a somewhat lengthy stay in our homes. It is also a good time to remind our civic leaders that disaster plans might need to be updated.

Tetano find. http://www.flutrackers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=216738
            Please do not ask me for medical advice, I am not a medical doctor.

Avatar is a painting by Alan Pollack, titled, "Plague". I'm sure it was an accident that the plague girl happened to look almost like my twin.
            Thank you,
            Shannon Bennett

Comment

Re: H7N9 Discussion thread : recent (2014/01/23) increase in cases

unlike H5N1 in 2004, this is a chicken virus.
              Not suitable for wild birds.
              Too distant from the index.
              It evolved and adapted decades already in chickens.
              Except HA,NA.
              See also H5N1, it's adapted meanwhile,
              the wild birds hardly get it.

Comment

It doesn't appear to be transmitted easily between chickens anymore.

Avatar is a painting by Alan Pollack, titled, "Plague". I'm sure it was an accident that the plague girl happened to look almost like my twin.
                Thank you,
                Shannon Bennett

Comment

comparing with last year :

it was probably not so widespread in chickens last Jan.
                  Because the diversity is so low, no time for extensive evolution.
                  If that was the reason, why we didn't see so much in Jan.,Feb. 2013,
                  then we could expect that the current level is normal
                  and will reappear the next years, maybe spread further and increase.

There was hope that this strain does not transmit well in chickens
                  and may be replaced (recent paper) but we don't see this.

Comment

maybe China should celebrate the new year in summer instead

Comment

I'm concerned but puzzled. The case that seems to shout human to human is the emergency room doctor, a thoracic surgeon, that died recently of H7N9. I would like to know more about the circumstances involving his death.

Comment

The Shanghai Mayor said yesterday that the case of the doctor dying from H7N9 is not a human-to-human transmission event:

I do not necessarily believe that statement.

Comment

I don't believe it either. I would think other than exposure at work, that he was smart enough to avoid the typical places one could catch this. Personally I think this is on the uptick. It's worrisome.

Comment

Regarding Sharon's comment above.

Official media reports from China only seem to be reporting severe cases. Only a handful of cases are reported as "mild", probably contact cases. The actual number of mild or asymptomatic cases is unknown. No researchers have publicly estimated the number of infected individuals in China.

Regarding AnnaLisa's comments.

While the infection of one doctor suggests human-to-human transmission, the bulk of the cases officially reported are sporadic cases. Although there are a few small family clusters no large clusters signaling human-to-human transmission have been reported. In the provinces with the most cases, there are some general geographic clusters mostly in larger metropolitan areas which currently suggest widespread environmental distribution of the virus or its avian host.
                            <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <woNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <wontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";} </style> <![endif]-->
                            http://novel-infectious-diseases.blogspot.com/

Comment

This is obviously an attempt at damage control.

Shenzhen Wei Planning Commission rumor:
                              Shenzhen H7N9 death due to infection without a doctor

2014-01-25

Nanfang Daily (Reporter / Air to rain) yesterday, microblogging, letters and other network rumor "Shenzhen Second People's Hospital doctors infected by H7N9 bird flu death" and other information caused public panic, Shenzhen City Health and Population and Family Planning Commission On its official Weibo rumor: rumor, "a hospital doctor Shenzhen H7N9 bird flu death due to infection," rumors and other information for the community, without a doctor's Shenzhen H7N9 bird flu death due to infection. The Shenzhen Second People's Hospital said on its website, as of now, the hospital is not infected and treated any patients with H7N9 avian influenza.

For yesterday on the microblogging and micro-channel rumors "Shenzhen Second People's Hospital doctors infected by H7N9 bird flu death" and other rumors, the Shenzhen Municipal Center for Disease Control 马汉武 in an interview with reporters, said, as of now, Shenzhen reported a total of nine cases of H7N9 Avian influenza confirmed cases, two cases have been cured and discharged, and the remaining patients were treated in designated hospital, no deaths occurred.

Shenzhen Wei Planning Commission, said, spreading rumors, false epidemic intentionally disrupt public order, it is illegal, please the majority of users do not believe rumors rumors and jointly safeguard the network civilization.

zhttp://epaper.nfdaily.cn/html/2014-01/25/content_7270455.htm
                              <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

Thank you,
                              Shannon Bennett

Comment

Working...
                              X