Discussion: Alabama respiratory illnesses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion: Alabama respiratory illnesses

Feel free to request information from your contributors in the US military about a potential Fort Rucker connection to MERS. Personnel contacts with the Middle East occur for their rotary training instructors.

At any rate, the US Army School of Aviation Medicine conducting hypoxia-induction work at MR may be interested in this geographically proximal clinical finding.

Re: Increase in respiratory illness reported in southeast Alabama (Health Dept., May 21 2013): 7 hospitalizations, 2 deaths - one fatal case positive for influenza A/H1N1, one hospitalized case for influenza A/H3

Originally posted by NS1 View Post
    Feel free to request information from your contributors in the US military about a potential Fort Rucker connection to MERS. Personnel contacts with the Middle East occur for their rotary training instructors.

At any rate, the US Army School of Aviation Medicine conducting hypoxia-induction work at MR may be interested in this geographically proximal clinical finding.
    I was wondering if Ft. Rucker's health authorities are in communication with civilian DOH's in the area, too. That is a big base that does aviation training of allied forces.

Also, there has been a major refueling of the Farley Nuclear plant occurring during the outbreak time frame that brought in 800 outside workers to help the 900 employed permanently at the plant:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...206916201.html
    i love myself.
    the
    quietest.
    simplest.
    most
    powerful.
    revolution
    ever. ---- nayyirah waheed

Avatar: Franz Marc, Liegender Hund im Schnee 1911 (My posts are not intended as advice or professional assessments of any kind.)

Comment

Re: Discussion: Alabama respiratory illnesses

The military base presence looks like a driving factor in all the scrutiny given to this cluster:

http://mdjonline.com/view/full_story...ry_left_column
      Alabama mystery illness solved: it's common flu
      by Kathy Wingard Associated Press and Mike Stobbe, AP Medical Writer
      May 23, 2013 05:45 PM
      [snip]
      Williamson said health officials took extraordinary caution due to the emergence of two viruses, including the new H7NP, in other countries. Southeast Alabama is home to a military base and several aircraft plants that have frequent international travel...
      i love myself.
      the
      quietest.
      simplest.
      most
      powerful.
      revolution
      ever. ---- nayyirah waheed

Avatar: Franz Marc, Liegender Hund im Schnee 1911 (My posts are not intended as advice or professional assessments of any kind.)

Comment

Working...
      X