• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chile: 2 suspect deaths reported in Valparaiso

Source: http://www.mercuriovalpo.cl/prontus4...701121916.html

Wednesday July 1, 2009
    Two died from respiratory crisis in the region

12.12 hrs. This afternoon, delivered results that were confirmed by human influenza.

Health Services confirmed two deaths in the last few hours due to respiratory complications, but warned that only in the afternoon, could confirm whether they were infected with the human influenza virus, A-H1N1.

One case is a woman of 38 years, who died early this morning in the Carlos van Buren Hospital, Valparaiso. The woman had been diagnosed with influenza, but some remaining tests to see if it was for the range considered by the WHO pandemic.

While the Health Service Vi?a del Mar-Quillota reported death of a young woman of 19 years was served in the Marine Hospital due to a worsening of respiratory table. However, in this second case there is no certainty that death has been caused by influenza.

ARRIVE ANTIVIRAL

The SEREMI Health, Fernando Olmedo, confirmed the arrival of new items in the antiviral Tamiflu, used to treat people infected with the human influenza virus and showing symptoms of the disease.

Re: Chile: 2 deaths reported in Valparaiso-1 confirmed

Source: http://www.mercuriovalpo.cl/prontus4...702153717.html

Thursday July 2, 2009
    First human death from influenza in the Region of Valpara?so

15.39 hrs .- Women of 38 years died in Van Buren hospital.

A few minutes on the Health Service Valpara?so-San Antonio confirmed the first death in the Region of Valparaiso by the variation in human influenza A H1N1.

She is a woman of 38 years who died Tuesday morning in the Carlos Van Buren Hospital, due to a systemic functional failure associated with respiratory problems, and that after examination it was determined that this was a case of human influenza .

The case was confirmed by the Director of Health Service Valpara?so-San Antonio, Dagoberto Duarte: "A while ago the Institute of Public Health confirmed it," said the doctor, adding that it would not announce the name of women.

Comment

Re: Chile: 2 suspect deaths reported in Valparaiso

Source: http://www.estrellavalpo.cl/prontus4...702153234.html

Thursday July 2, 2009

First confirmed human death from fever in Valparaiso

15.00: This is a woman who has ceased to exist in the early hours of yesterday at the Carlos van Buren Hospital
      JCAstuya

The Health Service of Valparaiso-San Antonio confirmed a few moments ago, the first case of human death from fever in the port. According to the analysis, this was ratified by the Institute of Public Health (ISP) in the capital. She is a woman of 38 years, who left there at 05.50 am yesterday at the Carlos van Buren Hospital. The patient was admitted to hospital on June 26. Meanwhile, she became aware that another suspected case. As is known, this would be a man of 63 years, who remains in serious condition with respiratory complications in the same hospital. Following the above remains in the Intensive Care Unit and supported by a mechanical respirator. It is awaiting test results sent to the ISP in the capital.

Comment

Shiloh,

What is your count for Chile? I have 19 deaths and 2 suspect deaths.
        "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Thanks. I've adjusted my numbers.
          "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

This is 3 weeks old..

Source: http://www.cooperativa.cl/region-de-...01/173920.html

01/07/2009

Region of Valpara?so presents two cases of reported human deaths from influenza

These two women of 18 and 39 years of age who died in recent days.

Hospitals in the area are being reinforced with personnel and medicines.
            Cooperativa.cl

Health authorities reported that in the Valpara?so region, there are two possible cases of people dying because of human influenza, the two deaths in recent days.

Reportedly, two women, one 19 and one aged 38, who died of causes associated with respiratory problems, and only needed confirmation from the Institute of Public Health to add them to the victims of the pandemic in the country.

These two cases are in addition to another case study in Talca, a couple of 16 years who died of fulminant presenting symptoms of the disease.

The SEREMI Health Olmedo Fernando pointed out that, of 3816 suspected cases in the region, only 67 have been confirmed, so "we are directing them to treat people who have more serious paintings."

"With this approach, we are aware that the amount of drugs that we have will be sufficient to meet the demand we have," he added.

Therefore, the Director of Health Valpara?so-San Antonio, Dagoberto Duarte, said that "it is provided to strengthen the recruitment of staff, specifically in the Van Buren hospital, and working in pediatrics and in-service urgency.

Virological studies of Minsal, to June 29 rose to consultations by human influenza in the region of Valpara?so, especially in children under six years younger yen from 15 to 24 years, and a low syncytial virus.

Comment

Working...
            X