Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chile: Cases of influenza in Tarapac? quintuplican average country and climbing to 12 killed by virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chile: Cases of influenza in Tarapac? quintuplican average country and climbing to 12 killed by virus

Iquique pharmacies should pay, register and put on waiting list. So running the system for the purchase of vaccines against influenza, then that dose product of demand which grew explosively, be exhausted on par with the contagion of the virus. 'Has come to many people and sold the stock, so we asked that they register to tell them, because next week we will get an order,' says Fanny Palma pharmaceutical chemistry.

The fear that has grown in the area against the virus, is reflected in the urgency by getting immunized, even outside the region or across the border. 'I've had to much of my family cold and one of them hospitalized with influenza. We wanted to vaccinate us, but there was no dose at the Pharmacy and knew that in Tacna had Yes available. I traveled to Peru and bought, although it also took me to find it. Many Chileans were trying there to purchase one', recounts the iquiquena Susana Valdebenito (50).

The iquiquenos reaction is based on the rise seen in the cases and in the lethality of the virus. According to the latest report of the Ministry of health and that analyzes week - between 23 and June 29 - 26, the rate of infection by influenza in the Region of Tarapac? raises the national average (see graphics).

According to the report, in Tarapac? the rate of infection is 166 per 100,000 inhabitants, very across the 27 that reaches the middle of the country. In addition, figures reveal that cases are still rising in Iquique, since last week the rate had averaged 140 infections.

According to the Deputy Medical Director of hospital in Iquique, Julio Brito, yesterday had 39 adults and 17 children hospitalized from influenza, demand that exceeds the usual. 'Normally we have not this quantity. We have increased the critical beds, we are hiring personal and is also developing the purchase of five mechanical fans and teams to better deal with the flu,'said Brito.

The intendencia de Tarapac? yesterday confirmed a new case that raises to 12 the dead with the virus, nine of them by the strain A (H1N1). It remains now, confirm two suspected cases. The figure exceeds, even deaths occurred in Iquique in the 2009 pandemic, when seven people died by the strain A (H1N1).

Working...
X