• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: July San Paolo Sequence Released

Originally posted by gsgs View Post
    I assume that ** sequences at GISAID are usually being transferred
    to genbank within a few days (?)
    The CDC released 62 sequences to Genbank. However ALL 62 are from the US. They did NOT release sequences from other countries including Argentina, Singapore, Kenya, and MANY others deposited at GISAID yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by niman View Post
      The CDC released 62 sequences to Genbank. However ALL 62 are from the US. They did NOT release sequences from other countries including Argentina, Singapore, Kenya, and MANY others deposited at GISAID yesterday.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/genomes/FLU/SwineFlu.html
      Still no sequences outside of the US. The US and other sequences were all deposited at GISAID by the CDC on the same day. The release of the other sequences, including the May singapore sequence with H274Y, is clearly being delayed.

Comment

why ? are they writing a paper about it ?
        I'm interested in expert panflu damage estimates
        my current links: http://bit.ly/hFI7H ILI-charts: http://bit.ly/CcRgT

Comment

In May in Singapore, what was the likelihood this patient was treated with Tamiflu?
          Wotan (pronounced Voton with the ton rhyming with on) - The German Odin, ruler of the Aesir.

I am not a doctor, virologist, biologist, etc. I am a layman with a background in the physical sciences.

Attempting to blog an nascent pandemic: Diary of a Flu Year

Comment

The are quite a few sequences that were released. This type of selective release parallels seasonal flu sequences. There were many sequences outside of the US which were never relased to Genbank. Sequences at GISAID but not at genbank frequently have IP issues.

Comment

Originally posted by wotan View Post
              In May in Singapore, what was the likelihood this patient was treated with Tamiflu?
              The circumstances are more important than the date, although in May I believe that almost all cases were linked to airport surveillance, so if the patient was a passenger, like the San Franciso traveler who was tested in Hong Kong, I think that the chance of prior Tamiflu treatment would be low. However, if the person was a contact of a confirmed case, as happened in Denmark, then the chance of the discovery of the H274Y in a patient being treated prophylactically would be higher.

Comment

Originally posted by wotan View Post
                I think that the May date is significant becasue of the current date. The concern about H274Y has been a concern for some time. Those looking for reassortment were concerned that H274Y would come from swine H1N1 acquiring a human H1 gene with H274Y. So far no recently acquired human flu gene in a pandmeic swine sequence has been published. However, H274Y has been reported 6 times (not counting those that might be at the Texas border or the Singapore sequence at GISAID that is being withheld) on a swine N1 background, but the Singapore squence would be the first.

The fact that it has not been mentioned or depsoited at Genbank indicates it is being withheld, or the testing of samples is significantly delayed. I strongly suspect the former.

Comment

...H274Y has been reported 6 times (not counting those that might be at the Texas border or the Singapore sequence at GISAID that is being withheld) ...
                  Six?

Hong Kong
                  Osaka
                  Yamaguchi
                  Denmark
                  Quebec
                  ?????

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabird View Post
                    Six?

Hong Kong
                    Osaka
                    Yamaguchi
                    Denmark
                    Quebec
                    ?????
                    There were three in Japan. The latest was reported to have H274Y, but sequence hasn't been released.

Comment

There were three in Japan. The latest was reported to have H274Y, but sequence hasn't been released.
                      Got it, and thanks. Now we have Hunan to make seven (7).

Comment

Tokushima

Comment

And Singapore makes 8. All have H274Y and sequences from 6 are public or semi public and all are different backgrounds.

Comment

And Singapore makes 8. All have H274Y and sequences from 6 are public or semi public and all are different backgrounds.
                            And the Texas Tamiflu resistant viruses that don't really exist make close to a dozen.

Comment

And the Texas Tamiflu resistant viruses that don't really exist make close to a dozen.
                              And those that are like Singapore, which are known but not released, makes it who knows how many.

Comment

Can someone point me to the singapore resistant case.

Comment

Working...
                                X