• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolivia considers closing Argentina border due to H1N1 spread-NOT

Source: http://www.buenosairesherald.com/BreakingNews/View/5674

Analyzing the pandemic
    Bolivia considers closing Argentina border due to H1N1 spread

Bolivian Health Minister Ramiro Tapia said that he would get in contact with Argentina's Health Minister to "verify" the magintude of the pandemic. If the disease expands, "the Bolivia-Argentina border will have to be closed for three, four or five days," said Tapia.

"It is concerning, what is happening in Argentina," where the H1N1 virus has already killed 55 people, said Tapia. The Health Minister wants to verify the magnitude of the pandemic's spread.

The first measure is to "double the number of doctors at the border, in that sector, but if we see that there are still cases coming in from Argentina, we will be forced to close down the border," added the Health Minister.

The number of H1N1 cases in Bolivia are still growing and, this weekend, the number of infected persons jumped to 393.

Even though the virus has not yet caused any deaths, three Bolivian citizens are hospitalized and in their conditions are serious. Two are in Santa Cruz, one is in La Paz.

Re: Bolivia considers closing Argentina border due to H1N1 spread

With 300 cases already confirmed in Bolivia, it seems futile to close the border now.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Re: Bolivia considers closing Argentina border due to H1N1 spread-NOT

Source: http://www.infobae.com/contenidos/45...ina-la-gripe-A

06-07-09 |
      Bolivia will not close the border with Argentina by influenza A

Bolivian Health Minister Ramiro Tapia said, "no sense" to take such action to prevent the spread of the virus. There will be a joint campaign to prevent suspects from crossing the border
      View Gallery

The Bolivian government closed its border out of over 700 kilometers with Argentina as a measure to prevent a rapid spread of influenza A, an informed authority.

Health Minister Ramiro Tapia said the two countries conducted a joint campaign rather to prevent suspected of carrying influenza crossing the border.

"It makes no sense to close the border," said Tapia Erbol the station today, Monday.

Bolivia reported 429 patients with the disease and one death.

More than half of cases are concentrated in the eastern city of Santa Cruz, where local authorities have banned public performances to prevent the spread of infection.

In Argentina are 60 deaths from influenza A

Comment

Working...
      X