Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise ship with swine flu patients leaves Venezuela

If not already previously posted, from the news text:

"<i>Spanish <input name="IL_MARKER" type="hidden">Health</i><i> Minister Trinidad Jimenez described measures preventing passengers from disembarking as unnecessary, because the A(H1N1) <input name="IL_MARKER" type="hidden">flu
    </i> epidemic was global."

Well, I don't like to snif the new flu droplets no matter if it cames from the ground humans or from the ship ones, to not mention the silent spreaders
    - but if I could locate the new flu potential spreaders, instead to acting as we are all plagued, I surely told them to get off roaming and go home.

I strongly doubt that the same VIPs like to be merged with humans being in close ship contact with the novel flu patients ...

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...venezuela.html
    Cruise ship with swine flu patients leaves Venezuela

<table width="100&#37;" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="dfont" bgcolor="#eeeeee">Posted : Thu, 18 Jun 2009 09:35:45 GMT</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="dfont" bgcolor="#f5f5f5">Author : DPA </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="dfont" bgcolor="#fbfbfb">Category : Health

Madrid - A Spanish cruise ship with swine flu patients on board has left the Venezuelan Caribbean island of Margarita, the company owning the ship said Thursday. Pullmantur said MS Ocean Dream had set off for Aruba in the Lesser Antilles after the 376 Venezuelans among its 759 passengers had disembarked. <input name="IL_MARKER" type="hidden">The ship had been barred from entering Grenada and Barbados after three of the 400 crew members were diagnosed with the new type of influenza A(H1N1), known as swine <input name="IL_MARKER" type="hidden">flu. Eleven other crew members were also exhibiting possible symptoms of the disease. None of the passengers were reported affected. <input name="IL_MARKER" type="hidden">The ship, which was on a nine-day <input name="IL_MARKER" type="hidden">cruise, docked in Margarita on Wednesday. A Venezuelan police vessel guarded <input name="IL_MARKER" type="hidden">the ship, where passengers complained that they felt "kidnapped," the Venezuelan daily El Universal reported. Jorge Alchaer, the <input name="IL_MARKER" type="hidden">health minister of Venezuela's islands region, said initially that passengers and crew would remain on board in Margarita for 10 days. Pullmantur, however, denied that <input name="IL_MARKER" type="hidden">the ship had been put in quarantine. The company said the <input name="IL_MARKER" type="hidden">flu patients only had slight symptoms. Spanish <input name="IL_MARKER" type="hidden">Health Minister Trinidad Jimenez described measures preventing passengers from disembarking as unnecessary, because the A(H1N1) <input name="IL_MARKER" type="hidden">flu epidemic was global. Jimenez said such measures were not recommended by the World <input name="IL_MARKER" type="hidden">Health Organization (WHO), though every country was free to take its own decisions. <input name="IL_MARKER" type="hidden">The ship was expected to arrive Friday in Aruba, from where it set sail, according to media reports.
    <!-- google_ad_section_end -->
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
Working...
X