Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Will You Leave Your Residence And Go To Work During A Pandemic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: Will You Leave Your Residence And Go To Work During A Pandemic?

Will you leave your residence and continue to work outside the home if their is a Pandemic?
    Yes
    25.00%
    No
    50.00%
    undecided
    25.00%
    Last edited by Sunshine123; May 28, 2008, 09:35 AM. Reason: give details

Re: POLL: Will You Leave Your Residance And Go To Work During A Pandemic?

I really won't need to leave, at least on a daily basis.

I had thought I probably would volunteer; but that was on the assumption there would medical treatment, vents, available if I became sick. It's a sobering thought that medical treatment of any kind might not be available.

The emotional pull to go help may override the fear.
    The salvage of human life ought to be placed above barter and exchange ~ Louis Harris, 1918

Comment

I will be working, but only in a place close to my home, and only with
      PPE. I am certain that there will be numerous places that will need
      HCW and volunteers.

Being older has its advantages so that if I am infected, I might
      have a better chance of survival...

I worry more about violence towards HCW than about the actual
      disease. I can protect myself somewhat from infection, but
      people can be unpredictable.

Comment

Come on you all; this is a poll and you know you really wanna participate.

We have 75 views and only 11 replies. You don't even have to leave a comment; just a vote.
        The salvage of human life ought to be placed above barter and exchange ~ Louis Harris, 1918

Comment

Speaking as a health care worker, a lot of us wrestle with this question, concerns for family and all. Suppose the pandemic has a greater than 50% morbidity rate?Talk is the government could step in and make work mandatory......

Comment

Re: POLL: Will You Leave Your Residence And Go To Work During A Pandemic?

I plan to stay at home. I may work if our agency does remain open - if all is safe. I fear there may be a lot of chaos and instability from lack of law enforcement, emergency personnel, etc.

Comment

Welcome Labrador-Sadie!
              Last edited by sharon sanders; May 28, 2008, 02:46 PM. Reason: spelling - lol

Comment

Originally posted by Florida1 View Post
                Welcome Laborador-Sadie!
                Thanks. I have been a guest for over a year and thought I might as well sign up. Lots of great discussions and information on this site. Glad to be a member.

Comment

As an MIS tech with a login to work from home, I will be at home. In truth, I work at a hospital, and if I couldn't work from home I'd still be at home. Probably not enuf PPE for MIS people and necessary people too!
                  I have four things to learn in life:
                  to think clearly without hurry or confusion; to love everybody sincerely; to act in everything with the highest motives; to trust in God unhesitatingly.

~Albert Schweitzer~

Comment

Working...
                  X