CAUTION-On Hand Sanitizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAUTION-On Hand Sanitizers

Alcohol based hand sanitizers that have less than 60% alcohol are not effective for infection control. Some are being marketed with only 40% alcohol or less. Be sure and check the labels.

??What started out as an informal classroom experiment at East Tennessee State University has turned up disturbing evidence about some alcohol-based instant hand sanitizers ? the antiseptic gels and foams that have become popular as a quick way to disinfect hands when soap and water aren?t available?

?But a study published in this month?s issue of the journal Emerging Infectious Diseases found that at least one brand of sanitizer found on store shelves, as well as some recipes for homemade versions circulating on Web sites about crafts or directed at parents, contain significantly less than the 60 percent minimum alcohol concentration that health officials deem necessary to kill most harmful bacteria and viruses??

Re: CAUTION-On Hand Sanitizers

Thank you very much for posting this. I had no idea. I will be checking all my boxes.

Comment

Re: CAUTION-On Hand Sanitizers

Thanks for posting that, Ceredwin. The link didn't work for me - can you verify that? I would like to post it in my blog. TIA

Comment

Working...
      X