Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prepare for disruptions in everyday life...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepare for disruptions in everyday life...

A refreshingly non-hysterical, reasoned and well-written article about the potential effects of an Ebola outbreak on everyday life.

http://prepforshtf.com/ebola-prepare.../#.VD1_6GYpC2e

Re: Prepare for disruptions in everyday life...

Good article...thanks for posting. I especially like this:

Operators that handle 911 calls in some states now screen for possible Ebola infections, so if you call 911 you can expect to be asked a series of questions if they are screening for infections. First responders need to know what level of protection is needed when they respond to emergencies. Will this help control the infection, too early to tell of course, but every bit helps. However, it will slow the process down somewhat. You can expect that eventually all 911 operators will use some sort of screening process.
    911 operator screening is great, if for nothing more than to forewarn EMTs and HCW that they have a possible ebola case and should not follow the SOP.

"The next major advancement in the health of American people will be determined by what the individual is willing to do for himself"-- John Knowles, Former President of the Rockefeller Foundation

Comment

Yes, that struck me as a very good thing to do. It hadn't really occurred to me before, but when I was running rescue in eastern Virginia, our dispatchers did something similar. We were warned if a patient was known to have HIV or tuberculosis, and in one case, sarcoidosis. I dont know whether their protocol included screening questions, but they probably did. When the HIV crisis began, there were comments in the local paper about ambulance crews having to transport such infectious patients. If screening wasn't done before that, I'll bet it started then.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizw View Post
        Yes, that struck me as a very good thing to do. It hadn't really occurred to me before, but when I was running rescue in eastern Virginia, our dispatchers did something similar. We were warned if a patient was known to have HIV or tuberculosis, and in one case, sarcoidosis. I dont know whether their protocol included screening questions, but they probably did. When the HIV crisis began, there were comments in the local paper about ambulance crews having to transport such infectious patients. If screening wasn't done before that, I'll bet it started then.
        Some HIV patients are considerate enough to relay that fact to 911 operators. Now if ebola suspects would do the same thing....

"The next major advancement in the health of American people will be determined by what the individual is willing to do for himself"-- John Knowles, Former President of the Rockefeller Foundation

Comment

Working...
        X