Starting a Peripheral IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a Peripheral IV

For those of you who have asked for more information about starting peripheral IV's should the need arise, and you don't have access to medical care, I found this video over at http://medtech.syrene.net/forum/index.php, and asked for permission to post it here. This is an excellent site, BTW with much medical expertise.

This information is only for use in a dire emergency if you can't get help for your family. Here is the link. This is a medical info site for the Danish military, it appears. Most of this, you will never need to access, but there is a video on starting a peripheral IV. I have not viewed this. I sure hope that it is in English.

Re: Starting a Peripheral IV

I recently found the FluTracker site and am intrigued by it. I also believe that in a pandemic situation it will be up to each individual to care for themselves or their family. I am also intrigued by the number of people showing an interest in administering an IV to themselves or their family members. I am fairly well versed in self administration of an IV, but my problem is obtaining the fluids. I've read in a few posts that they can be obtained through Amazon.com, but so far have placed two different orders only to get an email the next day saying the order was canceled. Any suggestions on where to obtain 250 or 500 ml. bags of D5W would be appreciated.

Comment

Welcome johndmoon

Comment

Welcome to the forum, johndmoon.

I've purchased IV supplies from Atlantic Medical Supply of Long Island. Prices aren't cheap, but they have delivered reliably to me in the past. This isn't a personal recommendation, or an endorsement by FT. Simply my experiences with this company.

Last edited by Michael Coston; April 28, 2007, 05:43 AM.
        All medical discussions are for educational purposes. I am not a doctor, just a retired paramedic. Nothing I post should be construed as specific medical advice. If you have a medical problem, see your physician.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, and the suggestion. Wow! - You're right, they are not cheap. A case (24 bags) of 500 ml D5W is $169.99. It normally goes for about $2.50 to $3.00 per bag. I placed an order and will wait to see what happens. Thanks again!

Comment

Welcome Johndmoon.

Comment

Working...
            X