Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Face mask pretending killing Bird Flu!(No corroborations yet)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Face mask pretending killing Bird Flu!(No corroborations yet)

Viraldefender.com is selling a mask that uses an iodinated technology that was tested against the H5N1 virus and totally eliminated it! They are selling these masks to Government agencies around the world and yet the governments are purchasing inexpensive N95 masks for the public in the event of a pandemic. What the hell is going on? I also read in an article that stated that the CDC was receiving large contributions from 3M who ironically manufacture the N95 masks that they so emphatically endorse. I noticed on the viraldefender site a comparison chart which shows the Triosyn mask absolutely destroying the N95 masks. They are a little more expensive than the N95 masks but am I really willing to take a chance. I'd rather have a 99.99% chance of not getting infected than a 95% chance. However, I noticed that the concentrations at which the masks were tested were so outrageous I figure under normal concentrations the mask would actually last at least a month before replacement. I however will probably go a week with before replacing.

Re: Face mask that kills Bird Flu!

Link showing that the mask was tested using h5N1 virus please.

Comment

Robert, do you know if these masks are NIOSH approved.

Uses of masks amidst the pandemic storm must be reliable, it can kill you, if not wear properly or if its quality is just PR.

Is it NIOSH approved ??

Comment

Yes it is Niosh and CE and Class 1 medical.

Comment

Please provide a hyperlink,

thank you

Comment

Hyperlink?

Comment

World Certifications
              For Triosyn T-Series Respirator masks
              Triosyn T-3000™ Respirator, U.S. NIOSH TC-84A-4109
              In the United States, the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) certifies respiratory protective devices and establishes testing requirements for particulate filters. The T-3000™ is a flatfold filtering facepiece respirator that includes a Triosyn layer for built-in antimicrobial product protection and a carbon layer for relief from nuisance organic vapors. NIOSH has approved the Triosyn T-3000™ Respirator for protection at a P95 particulate efficiency level.

Triosyn T-5000™ Respirator, U.S. NIOSH TC-84A-4110
              In the United States, the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) certifies respiratory protective devices and establishes testing requirements for particulate filters. The T-5000™ is a cup-style respirator that includes a Triosyn layer for built-in antimicrobial product protection and a carbon layer for relief from nuisance organic vapors. NIOSH has approved the Triosyn T-5000™ Respirator for protection at a P95 particulate efficiency level.

Triosyn T-5000V™ Respirator, U.S. NIOSH TC-84A-4234
              In the United States, the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) certifies respiratory protective devices and establishes testing requirements for particulate filters. The T-5000V™ is a cup-style respirator with an exhalation valve that includes a Triosyn layer for built-in antimicrobial product protection and a carbon layer for relief from nuisance organic vapors. NIOSH has approved the Triosyn T-5000V™ Respirator for protection at a P95 particulate efficiency level.

Triosyn T-3000™ and T-5000™ Respirators, European CE Marking Certificate No. 1237
              In Europe, the Triosyn T-3000™ and Respirators T-5000™ Respirators have received a CE product marking certification. Tested in accordance with EN-149:2001, these respirators are CE certified to offer FFP2 protection level against solid and liquid particles. Within the European Union and the European Economic Area, the CE marking demonstrates compliance with the Personal Protective Equipment Directive and indicates that the manufacturer has satisfied all assessment procedures specified by law for its product.

http: //www.viraldefender.com/world_cert.htm

More research on its anti-viral properties would be appreciated.

Comment

<table id="table17" border="0" cellspacing="0" width="96&#37;"><tbody><tr> <td> What is Triosyn resin?
                Triosyn&#174; resin is a unique iodine preparation that harnesses the germicidal power of iodine. At the same time, Triosyn&#174; resin is designed to precisely control the delivery and dosage
                </td> </tr> <tr> <td>
                </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> How does Triosyn work?
                Triosyn&#174; resin is produced by thermally fusing pure iodine crystals under high pressure with a specialized polymer. During this process, a stable electrochemical bond is formed between the iodine and the polymer
                </td> </tr> <tr> <td>
                </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> How is Triosyn resin incorporated into products?
                Triosyn&#174; resin is incorporated into materials and products during proprietary manufacturing processes. The process, unique for each product</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
                </td></tr></tbody></table>

Comment

Research must be done on pure iodine crystals properties as a anti-microbian.

Comment

For it to have World Certifications, I believe that research has been done.

Comment

Robert,

FDA and other agencies have approved VIOXX for example, wich has we found out later was not done with state of art altough approved.

Can you provide references for this masks that you are promoting with datas (Lab datas) on its anti-microbian properties please,

Thank you

Comment

Please all, take note that the hyperlink in the commercial website concerning the anti-microbian activity do not work the three of them in post No 8

I will therefore close this thread until firther informations are available.

Thank you

Comment

Snowy, I hop eyou will not be offended if I open the thread just long enough to add a comment I feel strongly should be included.

I would like to draw attention to the comment about length of time of waering the mask.

In my professional opinion, and in the absence of info to the contray, I want to state that disposable masks are made to wear once and then throw away. Wearing them for longer than a few hours (or less, depending on acticity, humditiy and other enviomental and wearer activity variables) is not recommended and may in fact be dangerous.

The outside of the mask may be contaminated with virus that has not been killed, and the wearer could contaminate him/her hands when removing the mask. Immediately place mask in a disposable bag and wash hands, before touching anything else.

I would need to see testing results that show how long the antimicrobial activity was effective. Masks become wet when you breathe thru them, the water vapor in exhaled air can soak thru and reduce filtering quality and make it downright hard to breathe thru. Increased activity and ambient moisture in the air can affect how long this takes to happen, Ive had it happen in as little as 20 to 30 minutes, when I was busy and the humidity was high. When that occurs a mask may not be able to filter out the virus as effectively as it is rated.

good practice- put one on, and go mow your lawn in the hot summer sun. It's a good way to get an idea of what working in them can be like, and gives you a feel for it is to wear them. I think masks are an important part of our preps, but I am concerned that people will put them in a drawer and not practice using them, or become familiar with fit checking or safe removal. I know they are expensive, but I hope that everyone will take at least one mask and use it as a practice mask to get comfortable with. Not being familiar with them or using poor technique might end up creating a false sense of security that could be disasterous.

Please note that I m not singling out the mask that robert mentioned- my comments apply to all masks by all manufacturers. Please test your preps.

Thanks for listening.

Now back to your regularly scheduled closed thread!
                          Upon this gifted age, in its dark hour,
                          Rains from the sky a meteoric shower
                          Of facts....They lie unquestioned, uncombined.
                          Wisdom enough to leech us of our ill
                          Is daily spun, but there exists no loom
                          To weave it into fabric..
                          Edna St. Vincent Millay "Huntsman, What Quarry"
                          All my posts to this forum are for fair use and educational purposes only.

Comment

Re: Face mask pretending killing Bird Flu!(No corroborations yet)

LMonty - Thank you for the information.

Comment

Re: Face mask pretending killing Bird Flu!(No corroborations yet)

Thank you LMonty for this reminder that must not be forgot.

I would like to thank Robert, he has diligently managed to get the hyperlinks fixed.

Effectively some studies shows that iodine has some antimicrobian effects.

The manufacturer should give some lab references though.

I will reopen the thread and move it to its appropriate place.

I will leave the Mods and Members judge this new N95 on its merit.

Snowy Owl
                              Last edited by Snowy Owl; July 25, 2006, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X