Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Sufficiency - Start a Food Cooperative

Starting a Co-op? Start Here!

Food Co-op Initiative is a non-profit foundation that was created to provide resources and support for communities that want to start new food co-ops. We can offer you support, referrals, and access to training material so that you will have the best chance for a creating a successful co-op or buying club.

more..

Re: Self Sufficiency - Start a Food Cooperative

Comprehensive Guides

How to Start A Food Co-op
    By the Cooperative Grocers' Information Network
    Newly Revised in 2010, this is a good overview of the entire retail co-op organizing process. Everyone on your steering committee should look at this.

A Guide to Starting and Growing a Whole Food Grocery
    This is a very nice guide to starting a worker-owned retail grocery assembled by the Unicorn Co-op in England. Use with caution since not everything "translates" to U.S. laws and markets.

Creating a Co-op in Canada
    This guide includes a lot of good information for answering questions about co-ops but has less value for understanding the organizing process. Some information will not apply in the U.S.

Comment

Re: Self Sufficiency - Start a Food Cooperative

We have a local coop called Rise Up Farms Cooperative. I drive by it often and watched it grow from nothing but bare land into a productive farm.

You can buy different sizes of shares and I "thought" I read that people also have the option to work for their share.

Rise Up Farms Cooperative is a local CSA farm in Elkhart, Indiana. LocalHarvest helps you find local, organic, farm-fresh food near you.
      The salvage of human life ought to be placed above barter and exchange ~ Louis Harris, 1918

Comment

Working...
      X