Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tibetan pickle jar

Anyone have any feedback on this?

Back in the dark ages when I was young I saw a travel log that mentioned a special type of pickle jar. The jar appeared to be pottery or stone ware jar, probably glazed. What made it unique was that it had a raceway or channel built into the lip of the jar. The channel was designed to hold water. Water was put into the channel and the lid of the jar fitted loosely into the channel. The water in the channel formed an air lock. This air lock was supposed to be helpful in keeping out harmful bacteria that could cause the pickles to deteriorate or spoil.

Has anyone else used or heard of these types of jars? It looked heavy and looked like it could hold approximently 5 to 10 gallons of pickles. Not something I'd want to try and tote around.
    We were put on this earth to help and take care of one another.

Re: Tibetan pickle jar

The Perfect Pickler

This is what I am ordering to solve that frustrating problem of having your pickles above the water and spoiling. So COOL!
    Please do not ask me for medical advice, I am not a medical doctor.

Avatar is a painting by Alan Pollack, titled, "Plague". I'm sure it was an accident that the plague girl happened to look almost like my twin.
    Thank you,
    Shannon Bennett

Comment

Working...
    X