X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVMA: Saving the whole family

Saving the whole family?

Nature and life have fury days
    Tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, fires, blizzards, terrorism...
    Devastating natural and man-made disasters can ravage our lives. No one is exempt from the possibility of being affected personally. You need to prepare for yourself and for your animals in case of disaster.

The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) has developed this booklet to help you avoid having to leave your animals stranded in the event of a disaster or an evacuation.

Visit www.avma.org for the most current information and for links to additional Web sites.

TO READ THE BOOKLET ONLINE GO TO:

http://www.avma.org/disaster/saving_family.asp

In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance,
    everyone should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore him.
    ~ Dereke Bruce ~

Re: AVMA: Saving the whole family

Very cool, thank you!

This was a huge problem in Katrina's aftermath. I was fortunate in that my animals can travel with me wherever I go.

Comment

That's a really nice little booklet; thanks for posting the link.

Having to evacuate my horses was always a huge worry for me and living in a tornado prone area, storm safety was a constant concern.

I still think about that little white dog trying to board the bus in NO that was on the news umpteem times.
      The salvage of human life ought to be placed above barter and exchange ~ Louis Harris, 1918

Comment

Thank you so much for posting this. It means a lot to some of us.

Comment

Working...
        X