X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Gratton Woodson's Flu Treatment Manual**

Dr. Woodson is a member with the moniker: the doctor

http://www.getpandemicready.org/Port...flu_manual.pdf

Print it for personal use and safekeeping.<object style="position:absolute;z-index:1000" type="application/x-dgnria" id="plugin0" height="0" width="0">

</object>

NEW LINK: https://crofsblogs.typepad.com/h5n1/...uenza_10pt.pdf
    Last edited by kiwibird; February 17, 2020, 11:12 AM. Reason: Added New Link for convenience

Re: Gratton Woodson's Flu Treatment Manual

You Sir are most welcome.

As the author of the first sensible guide I read on the subject I would be most interested in any thoughts you might have on our current situation.

I notice you have been a member for a while but have yet to post, if you are checking our site please break your duck.

One subject I would be most interested in your thoughts on is the WHO Polypill a low cost statin based cocktail primarily aimed at the less developed countries. Link below.

Comment

i cant seem to get it to print in large print,any ideas where im going wrong please,i need large scale print for my wife who has eye sight problems,thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Florida1 View Post
        Dr. Woodson is a member with the moniker: the doctor

http://www.birdflumanual.com/resourc...za/Default.asp[/B]

It is very nice having the doctor on board. Welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by vinny View Post
          i cant seem to get it to print in large print,any ideas where im going wrong please,i need large scale print for my wife who has eye sight problems,thank you.
          Vinny, it does appear that both print versions (10 pt and 16 pt) are 10 point font and Dr Woodson needs to adjust the links. If you need to print off the text now, you can download the MS Word version, "Selected all" under edit menu, and then change the font and the font size to your choosing. The page formatting will not print off correctly, but the font size can be made larger for ease of reading.

An MS Word version of the 10-point document is also provided.
          Download the 10pt version(725k)
          http://novel-infectious-diseases.blogspot.com/

Comment

I bought Dr. Woodson's "Bird Flu Manual" in paperback - it's an outstanding resource.

I'm especially happy to see his suggestions on how to handle psychological considerations where there are no professionals available......very good advice.

"The next major advancement in the health of American people will be determined by what the individual is willing to do for himself"-- John Knowles, Former President of the Rockefeller Foundation

Comment

Here is some information on preparing a steam tent to help loosen bronchial secretions. I did not see this in his manual, but found this on the good doctor's site. This is very useful.

Welcome to Press Report, your go-to destination for breaking news, insightful analysis, and in-depth reporting. In today's fast-paced world, staying informed

Comment

Re: **Gratton Woodson's Flu Treatment Manual**

If I am remembering correctly, Dr. Woodson's Bird Flu Manual offers some excellent basic info on surviving a medical event/ good self-care during illness.
                Copies of primary books available through book stores may become scarce.

On his website, Dr. Woodson has a fair quantity of info avalable for the download.

Thank you, Dr. Woodson

Comment

This is a wonderful booklet.

Welcome to Press Report, your go-to destination for breaking news, insightful analysis, and in-depth reporting. In today's fast-paced world, staying informed

Thank you so much for making it available. I have printed it off - takes just a few seconds - it will be invaluable when flu is around.
                  "The only security we have is our ability to adapt."

Comment

bump this

Comment

It should be noted that contrary to the advise in this booklet, cough syrup should NOT be used for young children. The FDA recommends that over-the-counter cough and cold medicines not be given to children less than 6 years old because of their lack of effectiveness and potential for side effects.

In a study published in 2004, Ian Paul of Penn State College of Medicine and colleagues showed that neither DM nor diphenhydramine, another common component of cold medications, performed better than a placebo at reducing nighttime cough or improving sleep quality. However, honey has been used for centuries in some cultures to treat upper respiratory infection symptoms like cough, and is considered to be safe for children over 12 months old.

The articles to the right of this article give further information on the use of cough syrups.

Comment

cough syrup should NOT be used for young children
                        Surely guaifenesin must be an exception to that. I'm hearing from lots of families that if it were not for Mucinex, they would not have been able to sleep.

Comment

I really don't know. You might ask your friends to give buckwheat honey a try and see how it works.

Very nice blog, by the way. I really enjoyed it.

Comment

Bump this!

Comment

Bump. Please note antivirals should be given within 48 hours of first flu symptoms.

Comment

Working...
                              X