has any one purchased dried eggs from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has any one purchased dried eggs from

myfoodstorage.com? I wanted to try and get some feedback before I order from them. They seem to have the best prices. thanks pam

Re: has any one purchased dried eggs from

Also look at this site - Jeromy recommended it to me. Products came quickly.
    I have not tried them yet nor did I comparison shop.

Originally posted by pamcat
    myfoodstorage.com? I wanted to try and get some feedback before I order from them. They seem to have the best prices. thanks pam

Comment

I ordered powdered eggs from several companies.
      My order from myfoodstorage.com was slow to ship, but did get here.

Another source that's quick to ship is honeyvillegrain.com. Powdered eggs were $9.99 per #10 can. Shipping for an order is $4.49 in the US, regardless of weight or size. I received a mailed in with check order from honeyville in about the same time or less than an online order placed with myfoodstorage.

My first order with honeyville was placed online and shipped very fast.
      "There's a chance peace will come in your life - please buy one" - Melanie Safka
      "The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be" - Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by pamcat

I purchased the six cans of powdered egg mix. (Took forever to arrive.) When they came, there was a packing slip from Honeyville! So try to go to the source. Alternately, I understand the LDS/Mormon Canneries will allow non-church members in to purchase supplies and use the cannery. You might want to call them.

Comment

Welcome Kr105.

Comment

Honeyville delivered my eggs in less than a week. They have raised their egg prices in the last 6 weeks, or so.

nawty

Comment

Welcome to FluTrackers kr105 and NawtyBits. I must add the NawtyBits made me smile when I read the name. LOL
              Please do not ask me for medical advice, I am not a medical doctor.

Avatar is a painting by Alan Pollack, titled, "Plague". I'm sure it was an accident that the plague girl happened to look almost like my twin.
              Thank you,
              Shannon Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Shannon
                Welcome to FluTrackers kr105 and NawtyBits. I must add the NawtyBits made me smile when I read the name. LOL
                Shannon,

Glad I could help.

nawty

Comment

Pam

In going thru some papers, I just came across the packing slip and I stand corrected -- it was from Walton Feed, not Honeyville that Mystorage purchased the powdered egg mix.

Today I went onto Honeyville's site and ordered a can of whole eggs and one of egg whites for cooking. The mystorage mix is not straight eggs but has powdered milk and vegetable oil in it (according to the label.) Since I'm not sure what that will do to a recipe, I figured a back up was in order.

Shannon, Thanks for the welcome. It's appreciated and I love the site.

K.

Comment

I use the Honeyville frequently in cooking and baking. I think you
                    will be satisfied with them. I've been ordering from them for about 2 years now, and always had excellent service. Some good savings on their monthly newsletter too- sometimes 10% off entire order- cant beat that!
                    Upon this gifted age, in its dark hour,
                    Rains from the sky a meteoric shower
                    Of facts....They lie unquestioned, uncombined.
                    Wisdom enough to leech us of our ill
                    Is daily spun, but there exists no loom
                    To weave it into fabric..
                    Edna St. Vincent Millay "Huntsman, What Quarry"
                    All my posts to this forum are for fair use and educational purposes only.

Comment

Did you know you can dry your own eggs? Just crack them into a bowl, whisk well, then turn them onto waxed paper or plastic film wrap and put them in your dehydrator. Dry until brittle. Break up the large brittle sheet until in small pieces then put them into a blender to pulverize. Store in a cool dark place and make sure you cook them before eating them.
                      Please do not ask me for medical advice, I am not a medical doctor.

Avatar is a painting by Alan Pollack, titled, "Plague". I'm sure it was an accident that the plague girl happened to look almost like my twin.
                      Thank you,
                      Shannon Bennett

Comment

Working...
                      X