Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delicious storecupboard recipes

Recipe generators - ideal for using stored ingredients

Supercook is a recipe search engine that lets you search by ingredients you have at home. Find thousands of recipes you can make right now with the ingredients you have available at home.

Find recipes, make grocery lists and meal plans easily, then carry them on your iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows Phone devices.

Click on ingredient search and add the ingredients you have to hand.
    "The only security we have is our ability to adapt."

This peanut butter noodle recipe looks good;

Serves 4
    smooth peanut butter 4 tbsp
    light soy sauce 2 tbsp
    dark soy sauce 1 tsp
    Chinkiang vinegar 1 tbsp (or red wine vinegar)
    chilli oil 2-6 tbsp, to taste
    sesame oil 2 tsp
    garlic finely chopped 4 tsp
    stock or water 3-4 tbsp
    dried udon noodles 500g

To finish
    white sesame seeds 2 tsp
    finely sliced spring onion greens 4 tbsp

Toast the sesame seeds in a dry wok or frying pan, over a gentle heat, until golden. Set aside.

In a bowl, use a spoon to mash the peanut butter with the soy sauces and vinegar until evenly mixed. Stir in the chilli and sesame oils and the garlic, with enough stock or water to give the sauce the consistency of single cream.

Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well and divide among the serving bowls. Sprinkle each serving of noodles with the spring onion greens and toasted sesame seeds. Ask your guests to mix everything together well before eating.
    Eight of our favourite cooks, including Rosie Sykes, Jane Baxter and Anissa Helou, show you how to make great-value meals – without taking a trip to the shops

Comment

More Yum..

Ramen noodles miso paste, soy sauce, can bamboo shoots

Hot dogs - fried onion, tomato sauce

Pancakes from mix with canned berries -( pancakes 200g flour, 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 300ml milk (can make from milk powder), 1 egg (or egg powder), 50 grams butter or oil - mix well and fry)

Lentil stew - fry an onion add a can of lentils with a chopped large sweet potato, couple of cups of stock and any veg from can or freezer.

Comment

Thanks Kiwi - some odd combinations on there but very handy!

Comment

• kiwibird
          kiwibird commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL! I am not going to stake my reputation on them - but they look worth a try. I hope everyone posts a good recipe - I do not have a very high bar for finding things edible.

Rock Buns
          8 oz wholemeal/wholewheat flour
          4 teaspoons of baking powder
          1/2 teaspoon mixed spice/all spice
          2 oz margarine
          2 oz sugar
          2 oz sultanas or dried mixed fruit
          1 egg or 1 reconstituted dried egg
          milk
          2 teaspoons sugar for topping

Sift the flour, baking powder and spice
          Rub in the margarine
          Add the sugar, dried fruit and the egg
          Gradually add enough milk to make a sticky mixture
          Put spoonful onto parchment paper on baking tray ( makes 12-14)
          Sprinkle with the sugar
          Cook in a hot oven for 12-15 minutes (180-200?C?)

and scones - a New Zealand classic. You just roughly mix the ingredients - the less the better and flop onto a floured surface, cut to shape and put in oven. (I don't sift and it still works).

EDMONDS SCONES
          INGREDIENTS
          3 cups Edmonds standard flour
          6 tsp Edmonds baking powder
          ? tsp salt
          extra milk for brushing tops to make golden
          75g butter
          1 to 1? cups milk, approximately
          METHOD
          Preheat the oven to 220?C. Grease or flour a baking tray.
          Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
          Add the milk and quickly mix with a round-bladed table knife to a soft dough. For light and tender scones the mixture should be quite soft and a little sticky. Scrape the dough onto the floured baking tray and flour the top.
          Working quickly, pat the dough out to 2cm thickness and with a floured knife cut it into 12 even-sized pieces, then separate the scones to allow 2cm space between them. Brush the tops with milk.
          Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Place on a wire rack to cool, wrapped in a clean tea towel to keep them soft.

Enjoy!

I love rock buns One of my staples is flapjacks, will dig out a recipe when I can. Uses porridge oats, golden syrup, & sultanas. Very filling, easy and cheap to make.

Comment

• kiwibird
          kiwibird commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Ming.
      Working...
      X