Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Red Cross offering disaster preparedness course to schools and homeschools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Red Cross offering disaster preparedness course to schools and homeschools

This arrived in my email today, I have replaced my location with astericks, I bet they would do this in any state.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Homeschool Associations:

I am writing you because the American Red Cross is offering a FREE wonderful educational opportunity for the children and staff of the ***** Area Schools. The opportunity has a few parts to it: Community Disaster Preparedness, Basic Aid Training (BAT) and WHALE Tales.

The portion about FREE Community Disaster Preparedness is intended for all ages (catered to those that the presentation is for) is to recognize disasters and how to prepare prior to it happening. There are several topics including safety in the case of severe weather, fire, disaster plan, family disaster kits when at home. There is also a portion about the Pandemic Flu its purpose is to provide the participants with the knowledge to prepare for a flu pandemic and to help protect themselves and others from getting the flu during the pandemic. The topic(s) and length of the program is determined by you.

In regard to the FREE Basic Aid Training (BAT) program that the American Red Cross of ***** County is offering to all ***** County elementary schools it is a fun and interactive program intended for youth in grades K-4, provides essential basic skills and knowledge necessary for children to identify and prevent potentially harmful situations, treat common injuries, and to respond to emergency situations.

FREE WHALE Tales is a program intended for children in grades K-6 that teaches children how to recognize, prevent and respond to emergencies that may occur around water (ponds, lakes, pools).

For homeschools to teach the BAT or WHALE Tales material they will have to do one of two things: attend a training here at the ***** County Chapter of the American Red Cross or have me come in and do a run down of the material with them.

The next training date at the ****** County Chapter of the American Red Cross is:

February 26th 6:00PM-9:00PM

Please let me know if you are interested in attending as the sessions are filling quite fast.

Otherwise you may call and we can arrange a time to go over the material.

Once, one of these is completed each teacher or representative will receive a video, instructors manual and student workbook.
    "We are in this breathing space before it happens. We do not know how long that breathing space is going to be. But, if we are not all organizing ourselves to get ready and to take action to prepare for a pandemic, then we are squandering an opportunity for our human security"- Dr. David Nabarro
Working...
X