2 wk National School Holiday predicted by GhostRN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 wk National School Holiday predicted by GhostRN

Best have your child/teen care plan ready to implement based on this information: The government issued new guidance for schools with confirmed cases, saying they should close for at least 14 days because children can be contagious for seven to 10 days from when they get sick. That means parents can expect to have children at home for longer than previously thought. The Education Department said that 433 schools had closed, affecting 245,000 children in 17 states. That was about 100 more schools reported closed than reported on Thursday.

President Barack Obama said Wednesday that wider school closings in the U.S. may be necessary in an escalating global health emergency that claimed the first death in the United States and swept Germany onto the roster of afflicted nations. Obama said local schools across America should consider temporarily shutting down if conditions worsen. http://esciencenews.com/sources/news...sings.possible
    With the activity I'm seeing, the statement about leave for working individuals, and this statement, GhostRN projects a national 2 wk "school holiday" may be in the near future...and it might actually be good for the economy??? and a good test for businesses to see how they do with a good bit of their workforce out......I bet school kids aren't the only ones looking forward to summer break.... I have entered a lot more info on the School Closure thread today and I"m seeing more google maps popping up with clusters of school closings, especially in TX, CA.
Working...
X