• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Caledonia: 3 deaths total

Source: http://english.people.com.cn/90001/9...0/6736453.html

2 more deaths related to influenza A/H1N1 reported in New Caledonia
    + -
    14:45, August 22, 2009

Two more people in New Caledonia have died of influenza A/H1N1 after the first fatality was reported this week, Radio New Zealand International reported on Saturday.

The health authorities said the latest victims were a 58-year-old woman and a 27-year-old man, Radio New Zealand International reported.

The first person to die of an H1N1 infection in the French overseas territory was an eight-year-old girl.

The authorities said the flu outbreak may potentially affect 20,000 people in the French territory.

Source: Xinhua

Re: New Caledonia: 3 deaths reported

Source: http://www.france24.com/en/20090821-...ine-flu-health

New Caledonia sees its first death linked to swine flu

Friday 21 August 2009
    New Caledonia has reported the death of a girl from pneumonia linked to A(H1N1) influenza, she is the first person to die there because of H1N1.

AFP - An eight-year-old girl has become the first fatality linked to swine flu in New Caledonia, health officials in the French Pacific territory said Wednesday.

The girl died in hospital on Monday of pneumonia, two days after being admitted with A(H1N1) influenza, the territory's health department said.

The announcement came as the government said 20,000 people had "potentially" been infected since the end of June by swine flu -- some eight percent of the population.

Philippe Dunoyer, a government official responsible for health, said the figure was derived from a number of statistics including the number of boxes of Tamiflu prescribed and absence levels in schools.

New Caledonia has confirmed 360 cases of swine flu. The territory sits 1,500 kilometres (930 miles) east of Australia, the worst-hit nation in the Asia-Pacific region, and is connected to its neighbour by daily flights.

Comment

Hi, there are mistakes in your report :
      There are 3 deaths in French Polynesia and 2 deaths in New Caledonia

The Total for French Territories is 7 !
      Ne pas cliquer ici

Comment

Originally posted by SteveoSteen View Post
        Hi, there are mistakes in your report :
        There are 3 deaths in French Polynesia and 2 deaths in New Caledonia

The Total for French Territories is 7 !
        I thought that the French government had not confirmed the first death in French Polynesia, which could mean that the total number for French Territories does not include that death.

Perhaps the media reports are incorrect, but it could also be that there are 3 deaths in New Caledonia and 2 in French Polynesia, especially if one considers the unconfirmed death.
        "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Working...
        X