Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MERS-CoV, Saudi Arabia: 4 new cases via Ministry of Health Update (September 5 2013): 88 cases, 44 deaths so far

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MERS-CoV, Saudi Arabia: 4 new cases via Ministry of Health Update (September 5 2013): 88 cases, 44 deaths so far

    [Source: Saudi Arabia Ministry Of Health, full page in Arabic: (LINK). Automatic translation.]


    MERS-CoV, Saudi Arabia: Ministry of Health Update (September 5 2013): 88 cases, 44 deaths so far


    A continuation of the work of Investigation epidemiological and follow-up carried out by the Ministry of Health for novel Coronavirus has announced that the ministry registered new cases of infection:

    The first case, 30 years old, working in the health sector in Riyadh, currently intensive care and receives medical care.

    The second case of a citizen Mkhalt case confirmed infected with the virus drilling subcontractor where the aged (47) years old and suffers from a chronic disease multiple. He is currently intensive care where receive care and treatment.

    Also announced that the ministry also registered two deaths virus first resident in Riyadh at the age of 41 years and operates in the health sector.

    A relative (79 years old) of a drilling sub-old with a confirmed case infected with the virus were infected with multiple chronic diseases God rest in peace.


    -
    ------

  • #2
    Re: MERS-CoV, Saudi Arabia: Ministry of Health Update (September 5 2013): 88 cases, 44 deaths so far

    Frankly, another confusing report.

    There are 4 new cases. I know this because the number on the MoH web site increased from 84 to 88.

    It appears 2 new cases are announced as deaths, which raises a lot of questions. Were these people hospitalized, or were they fairly functional in their daily life and then suddenly die?

    It appears at least 2 cases are from Riyadh.

    One case is a contact (possibly a relative) of a previous case.

    And it appears that 2 cases (1 is dead) are health care workers.

    Much basic information is missing.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: MERS-CoV, Saudi Arabia: Ministry of Health Update (September 5 2013): 88 cases, 44 deaths so far

      Source: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...wo/804624.html

      MERS virus claims two more lives in Saudi Arabia
      POSTED: 06 Sep 2013 10:35 PM

      Two women have died of the coronavirus MERS in Saudi Arabia, the health ministry said on Friday, bringing the total number of fatalities in the kingdom to 44.

      RIYADH: Two women have died of the coronavirus MERS in Saudi Arabia, the health ministry said on Friday, bringing the total number of fatalities in the kingdom to 44.

      The victims were identified as a 41-year-old expat who was working in the health sector in Riyadh and a 79-year-old Saudi who suffered from chronic illnesses and who came into contact with a patient stricken by the virus in the northeastern city of Hafr al-Baten..

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: MERS-CoV, Saudi Arabia: Ministry of Health Update (September 5 2013): 88 cases, 44 deaths so far

        حفر drill

        الباطن subcontractors

        حفر الباطن Hafar Al-Batin


        79 year-old woman is from Hafar Al-Batin and is probably the mother of a previous confirmed cases 38M, and grandmother to two infected grandchildren.

        http://www.flutrackers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=210697

        47 year-old man is also from Hafar Al-Batin and may be associated with the family cluster.

        The announcement suggests that these four cases are all being reported for the first time including the two deaths.
        http://novel-infectious-diseases.blogspot.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: MERS-CoV, Saudi Arabia: 4 new cases via Ministry of Health Update (September 5 2013): 88 cases, 44 deaths so far

          Source: KSA, MoH, in English: http://www.moh.gov.sa/en/CoronaNew/P...09-05-001.aspx


          MOH: 'Two Cases of Novel Coronavirus Recorded and Other Two Cases Passed Away in Various Regions'

          9/5/2013


          In continuation of the constant monitoring and epidemiological surveillance of the novel Coronavirus (MERS-CoV), the Ministry of Health (MOH) has announced that two confirmed cases have been recorded.

          The first case is for a 30-year-old male citizen, who works in the health sector in Riyadh. He is currently hospitalized at the ICU, receiving the medical health care.

          The second case is for a 47-year-old male citizen, who was in contact with a confirmed case in Hafr Al-Batin. He has been suffering from various chronic diseases and he is currently at the ICU, receiving the medical health care and proper treatment.

          Within the same vein, the MOH has announced that two cases passed away.

          The first case is for a 41-year-old female resident working in the health sector in Riyadh.

          The second case is for a 79-year-old female citizen in Hafr Al-Batin, who was in contact with a confirmed case and had been suffering from various chronic diseases, May Allah have mercy upon them.


          -
          ------

          Comment

          Working...
          X