• Show
Clear All

• It raises to 4 the dead persons for influenza in Tamaulipas

City Victory, Tamaulipas. - The Secretary of
    Federal health informed that in Tamaulipas four persons have died for
    influenza, 2 for seasonal type and 2 for type A H1N1; having confirmed 107
    cases of both types.

The information provided on the official page of this federal dependency
    they point out that until February 17 in Tamaulipas 55 cases have been confirmed of
    influenza seasonal with two deaths.

As for Influenza of the type A H1N2 the Secretary of Federal Health reported
    it pointed out that to the same date in the entity 52 cases have been confirmed
    positives, with two deaths.

At national level the entire number of deceased persons for influenza
    seasonal sound of 149 persons and for influenza type A H1N1 has been 135
    you present yourself, being the states with major index of death they are States of
    Mexico, Federal, Gentlemanly District and Jalisco.

Re: It raises to 4 the dead persons for influenza in Tamaulipas

I have been looking at the articles posted with information about flu deaths in Mexico. It seems clear that of the four deaths reported in the State, two are pH1N1, but the other two are described as A H1N2. Am I missing something or perhaps this is a typo? If not, this would be important news that two of 52 cases of an H1N2 virus have been fatal. If true, it appears that this strain is at least as deadly as pH1N1.

Sadly, my Spanish is terrible, so I'm having a hard time searching for confirmation. If anyone can find out more info on this story, please post a reference.

Originally posted by tetano View Post
    The information provided on the official page of this federal dependency they point out that until February 17 in Tamaulipas 55 cases have been confirmed of influenza seasonal with two deaths.

As for Influenza of the type A H1N2 the Secretary of Federal Health reported it pointed out that to the same date in the entity 52 cases have been confirmed positives, with two deaths.

http://www.hoytamaulipas.net/notas/5...amaulipas.html
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

First, the article says there have been two death by seasonal flu, and two by H1N1. Elsewhere in the article it refers to the two deaths as due to "influenza estacional", which is seasonal flu, causing two deaths, and the "H1N2" causing two deaths.

My guess is that the H1N2 is a typo for the H1N1.

Comment

You are probably right, but it is a bit disturbing that the CFR for the seasonal strain is nearly equal to pH1N1 in Tamaulipas.

Originally posted by alert View Post
        First, the article says there have been two death by seasonal flu, and two by H1N1. Elsewhere in the article it refers to the two deaths as due to "influenza estacional", which is seasonal flu, causing two deaths, and the "H1N2" causing two deaths.

My guess is that the H1N2 is a typo for the H1N1.
        "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Working...
        X