Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French government honors Cordova Villalobos

French government honors Cordova Villalobos

Notimex in Paris | National Tuesday February 9, 2010 | Build Time: 15:10 | Last updated: 20:17

French President decorated the Mexican Secretary of Health. Photo: Notimex.

Mexican Health Secretary Jose Angel Cordova Villalobos, today received French President Nicolas Sarkozy the National Order of the Legion of Honor, by Mexico's role in controlling influenza A (H1N1), among others.

In the ballroom of Elysee Palace, Sarkozy Cordova gave the award, which also recognizes his work in promoting French culture from the standpoint of medical and technical and academic background.

"I was very Francophile and French culture have promoted from a technical standpoint, doctor," the official told Notimex. He said that in 2005 he received an honorary doctorate from the University Paul Sabatier in Toulouse.

"Now our work with the French government through the French Embassy in Mexico has been fairly broad and finally end with the performance comes with influenza A, and I think this is what made the decision to give me this award, which I makes me feel very happy, "he said.

Regarding the recognition of the management of Mexico to control influenza A (H1N1), Cordova said, "I think it's put things in place and is giving real weight to the actions to be performed.

"In many cases there is no recognition in their own land, saying that nobody is a prophet in his land, but there have been several demonstrations worldwide, many countries, recognition towards Mexico, by the WHO (World Health), China and France now, "he added.

"Finally it is satisfying to see things before a serious threat, was done properly," he said.

The Legion of Honor (L?gion d 'honneur) is the most important and best known of the awards granted by France. It consists of a medal and did not include funding.

It was created by Napoleon 200 years ago and is awarded to French citizens or foreigners in recognition of outstanding achievements and actions of civil or military.

It has five categories and has been welcomed by many Mexicans, including the writer Octavio Paz, the painter Juan Soriano, journalist and writer Elena Poniatowska and actress Maria Felix.

In explaining the reasons for the award to Secretary of Health of Mexico, President Sarkozy referred to the case of Florence Cassez.

Cassez argued that cares deeply and that if a Mexican had committed crimes in France, regardless of what he had done, would be resorted to international conventions to purge the sentence in his country.

In response, Cordova argued that transmit the message to President Felipe Calder?n.

DAAM
Working...
X