Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 out of 10 Doctors Accept Vaccine

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 4 out of 10 Doctors Accept Vaccine

    http://www.milenio.com/node/345156

    Doctors feared H1N1 virus vaccine: Health
    So far, he acknowledged Mauricio Hern?ndez, undersecretary of promotion and prevention of health have been implemented of all vaccines that are in Mexico around 40 percent.

    Sun, 20/12/2009 - 16:48

    Reliance strengthen its immunization campaigns across the country. Photo: File APM?xico .- The Ministry of Health acknowledged that despite the intense negotiations to bring the coveted Mexico A/H1N1 vaccine, so far only 4 out of 10 doctors and industry accepted range of vulnerability due to wear it an "unfounded fear" that can cause allergic reactions.

    So far, he acknowledged Mauricio Hern?ndez, undersecretary of promotion and prevention of health have been implemented of all vaccines that are in Mexico around 40 percent.

    "We thought we would have a higher demand ... the obstacle is the fear people have, the vaccine is quite safe, we have evidence worldwide of 100 million doses have been implemented, Mexico was an incredible effort to bring the vaccine and now invite the people to go to get vaccinated.

    The federal government spent 2 thousand 600 million pesos for a batch of 30 million doses for Mexico which will be complemented through the month of February 2010.

    However, Mexico's effort, the official acknowledged, has been seriously affected by the series of rumors emerged "on the Internet, completely unfounded myths about the safety of the vaccine, when in the world have applied more than 100 million vaccines influenza A/H1N1 with excellent results, very good. "

    The SSA will strengthen its immunization campaigns across the country, because with the exception of Aguascalientes and Guanajuato, have not achieved their targets of immunizing at least 80 percent of the population, "all others, say they are a little low , below 50% of average.

    The SSA has met in a special way with the gynecologists as it has been found that many refuse to put the vaccine to pregnant women.

    Gynecologists are "skeptical" the shot to that area, which is unjustifiable when the world there are millions of pregnant women who are being immunized and to show that the dose is absolutely safe.

    Among the deaths from influenza have been confirmed over 30 pregnant women and is still studied 150 cases of women who died in a period of gestation for respiratory problems.

    The federal agency also noted that according to virological analysis, 95% of tests proved positive for influenza A/H1N1, and the remaining 5% is parainfluenza, RSV, metapneumovirus. However, between January and March is expected to resurface more cases of so-called seasonal flu.

    The Health Ministry confirmed that the country has 67 thousand 221 people infected with H1N1 influenza and 780 deaths from this new virus, while in the world are reported at least nine thousand 596 deaths.

    Blanca Valadez / Correspondent Millennium
Working...
X