Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More information on the origins of this (Oaxaca)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mixin
    replied
    Re: More information on the origins of this (Oaxaca)

Originally posted by Laidback Al View Post
    Maybe the sample is from the other individual that reportedly died in Oaxaca about the same time.

Name: Silvano Jaen Palomeque
    Home Location: <st1:city w:st="on">San Juan</st1:city> Teotalcingo, <st1:city w:st="on">Santiago</st1:city> <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Choapam</st1:city>, <st1:state w:st="on">Oaxaca</st1:state></st1:place>
    Sex: M
    Onset: ?
    Hospital Admission: ?
    Hospital: Hospital General “Dr. Aurelio Valdivieso”
    Outcome: Died, ?
    Comment:
    Link: http://www.diariodespertar.com.mx/Ag...Sanitaria.html
    Maybe Silvano is one of these untested patients?
    Dr. Jesus Salcedo, director of the Dr. Aurelio Valdivieso General Hospital,...A day after Salcedo learned from the Canadian lab that Gutierrez had swine flu, two other patients died of pneumonia in the Oaxaca hospital. They weren't tested for swine flu because they didn't show atypical symptoms, Salcedo said.

Leave a comment:

• pflu
    replied

A/Texas/15/2009 is the child who died in Houston, while yes he is Mexican, he contracted the illness from someone in Houston most likely....

23 Month old toddler from Mexico City. Become ill on 4/8/09.

They flew from Mexico City to Matamoros on the third. Then drove over to Brownsville on the same day. They spent the weekend in Brownsville. They stayed at a local hotel and visited family on the west side of the city.

"The aunt told me that when they arrived Friday April 3rd there were no symptoms the boy was ill, no display of the flu virus."

From April 5th through the 8th the family went to Houston. There, the mother and aunt went to the doctor's office for a medical examination for themselves. The boy went along and the child was in good medical condition. Then on April 8th the family says the boy become ill with flu-like symptoms.

My gut says this is NAFTA flu... Designed in the US --- Manufactured in Mexico --- Imported from Mexico for cheap American consumption.

Leave a comment:

• alert
    replied

Originally posted by pflu View Post
    Adela Maria Guti?rrez fell ill April 1 with what she thought was a bad cold.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...lufirst01.html
    Good enough. The person who infected her must have recovered at least a couple days before 4/7.

Leave a comment:

• hawkeye
    replied

Is this it?

Adela Maria Gutierrez, A Victim of Flu and Delay
    By Marc Laceyand Elisabeth Malkin
    THE NEW YORK TIMES
    May 1, 2009
    OAXACA, Mexico

Adela Maria Gutierrez fell ill on April 1 with what she thought was a bad cold. She tried aspirin and antibiotics, bed rest and moist towels, but nothing brought down her soaring fever, reduced her aches and pains, or boosted her energy level.

It would be eight days before Gutierrez went to Oaxaca?s general hospital, where she arrived listless and barely able to breathe, her extremities blue from a lack of oxygen. That delay in getting expert help may explain why Gutierrez, 39, a mother of daughters ages 10, 17 and 20, became Mexico?s first death from a new, virulent strain of influenza A (H1N1). It may also explain why Mexico?s death toll from the virus is higher than anyplace else?s...

Leave a comment:

• pflu
    replied

Adela Maria Guti?rrez fell ill April 1 with what she thought was a bad cold.

Leave a comment:

• gsgs
    replied

yes, the co-worker from Veracruz. I read "with a bad cough".

I agree the co-worker was unlikely tested.
    Also : "temorary employee", so maybe they lost her.

But it's unclear whether Gutierrez got it from that coworker.

Leave a comment:

• alert
    replied

Originally posted by gsgs View Post
    the person who infected Gutierrez is not known, AFAIK.
    Where did you find that "bad cold" ? I serched a lot but
    didn't see it.

Gutierrez was hospitalized 9.April, 4115 was sampled 7.April.
    Assume the same delay, then she may have infected Gutierrez.
    Or is very close to the common source.

Some people in Sta.Lucia del media were ill at that time,
    interview with Hermelinda Leon
    I forget where I read that, but I read it back in April. The statement was that she had a "work partner from Veracruz with a bad cold". It might have been one of the Diario articles, released AFTER 4/24 confirmation of H1N1, or it might have been the LA Times article congratulating the Diario. I forget exactly where.

And anyway, Gutierrez onset date is 4/2, she wasn't hospitalized until 4/9. I can't imagine the person who infected Gutierrez had been hospitalized - when the SSO was investigating the death (around 4/16) - they did contact tracing and didn't find any linked case. If her work partner had been hospitalized, they would have found it, and we would have gotten a very different alarm.

Leave a comment:

• gsgs
    replied

the person who infected Gutierrez is not known, AFAIK.
    Where did you find that "bad cold" ? I serched a lot but
    didn't see it.

Gutierrez was hospitalized 9.April, 4115 was sampled 7.April.
    Assume the same delay, then 4115 may have infected Gutierrez.
    Or is very close to the common source.

Some people in Santa Lucia del Camino were ill at that time,
    interview with Hermelinda Leon

Leave a comment:

• alert
    replied

Originally posted by gsgs View Post
    the first confirmed case had first symptoms on 11.March
    and is from Mexico City

still the sequences 4487,4115 are almost identical,
    presumably 4487 (Gutierrez) got it from 4115 (50,female,sampled 07.April)

and they are very close to the origin of the virus. Close in mutations
    but not time

Mexico, please tell the world: who is 4115 ?
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again - Gutierrez did not get it from 4115 - you're timing is WRONG. Gutierrez took ill on 4/2, so she was likely exposed before 3/30. The person who infected her had a mild case ("bad cold") are recovered well before 4/7 and was never hospitalized )they checked Gutierrez for contact with other ill patients - if the person who infected her was hospitalized, they would have found it).

Leave a comment:

• gsgs
    replied

the first confirmed case had first symptoms on 11.March
    and is from Mexico City

still the sequences 4487,4115 are almost identical,
    presumably 4487 (Gutierrez) got it from 4115 (50,female,sampled 07.April)

and they are very close to the origin of the virus. Close in mutations
    but not time

Mexico, please tell the world: who is 4115 ?

Leave a comment:

• gsgs
    replied

I remember, at first there was no date given for 4487,
    they included it later.

I remember, there was a delay before the Mexican sequences were published.

Presumably there were concerns, but they couldn't so well entirely withhold
    the sequences, that would have given protests.
    Yet, they didn't want to disclose the dates, which sequence
    belongs to whom ?!?

Or is it just burocracy, they forgot to include the data and built
    a system around them to make it harder to contact them ?

and reporters don't read sequences...

Isn't it amazing how much effort was put into this to report about
    the origin, examine it - but apparantly noone included the sequences into
    their analysis ?!?!?!?!?
    Usually it isn't even mentioned in the reports that there are sequences.

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Leave a comment:

• gsgs
    replied

test the samples
    presumably had been done

when they are positive for flu-A, then it must be seasonal flu,
    else they had been untypable

Leave a comment:

• pflu
    replied

What about the CDC reported atypical pneumonia outbreak from October 2008 at Green City Elementary - 10 miles from Smithfields 300,000 sqaure-foot pork processing facility in Milan Missouri.

KTVO.com provides news, sports and weather coverage and serves the area around Kirksville, Missouri and Ottumwa, Iowa, including Greentop, Lancaster, Downing, Memphis, Rutledge, Baring, Edina, Novelty, La Plata, Atlanta, Macon, Elmer, New Boston, Browning, Milan, Green City, Novinger, Pollock and Unionville, Missouri and Bloomfield, Floris, Eldon, Moulton, Blakesburg, Moravia, Eddyville, Oskaloosa, Ollie, Sigourney, Burlington and What Cheer, Iowa

KTVO.com provides news, sports and weather coverage and serves the area around Kirksville, Missouri and Ottumwa, Iowa, including Greentop, Lancaster, Downing, Memphis, Rutledge, Baring, Edina, Novelty, La Plata, Atlanta, Macon, Elmer, New Boston, Browning, Milan, Green City, Novinger, Pollock and Unionville, Missouri and Bloomfield, Floris, Eldon, Moulton, Blakesburg, Moravia, Eddyville, Oskaloosa, Ollie, Sigourney, Burlington and What Cheer, Iowa

6 months earlier during a 1-1/2 month span around February Sullivan County (the location of the pork plant and the elementary school) recorded the states highest per population influenza outbreak out of 114 counties. 143 specimens from the counties less than 7,000 residents were tested and 99% were positive for Influenza A. If this outbreak was swine to human, the first mutation could have shown up at Green City Elementary later that year in October.

What are the statistical odds of these events occuring next to a gigantic hog processing plant and having no relation?

Leave a comment:

• alert
    replied

Originally posted by Laidback Al View Post
    Maybe the sample is from the other individual that reportedly died in Oaxaca about the same time.

Home Location: <st1:city w:st="on">San Juan</st1:city> Teotalcingo, <st1:city w:st="on">Santiago</st1:city> <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Choapam</st1:city>, <st1:state w:st="on">Oaxaca</st1:state></st1:place>
    Hospital: Hospital General ?Dr. Aurelio Valdivieso?
    Comment:
    We still know NOTHING about his death. We don't know when he died, or even what he died of. I don't believe his is being counted as an H1N1 death.

The Diario claimed to have publish his death certificate on 4/16, but I couldn't find any sign of it online.

Leave a comment:

• Laidback Al
    replied

Hospital: Hospital General ?Dr. Aurelio Valdivieso?
    Comment:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X