Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surveillance, ILI-charts Mexico 2012/13

I can't find it.

Does Mexico still do influenza surveillance ?
    My old links no longer work

Maybe I can add it later here.

ideas,links welcome

-------------------------------------
    Mexico virus detections weeks 30-52 2012, almost all A is H3N2

A:2,2,5,4,1,2,4,1,4,4,14,6,10,24,19,19,14,25,19,34 ,42,13,4,(7)
    B:0,3,0,0,2,5,4,9,13,12,17,26,31,49,52,76,51,30,54 ,90,71,19,2,(11)
    ------------------------------------------
    I'm interested in expert panflu damage estimates
    my current links: http://bit.ly/hFI7H ILI-charts: http://bit.ly/CcRgT

Re: surveillance, ILI-charts 2012/13

Can't find any nice reports like they used to do. Here's a link to the News page - http://portal.salud.gob.mx/contenido...boletines.html

PRESS RELEASE No. 008

11/Enero/2013

Department of Health strengthens preventive actions by low temperatures

It is recommended shelter, drinking plenty of fluids and avoid sudden temperature changes
    The Ministry of Health maintains surveillance throughout the country by the cold season, especially in areas where there is the lowest temperature, because it increases the frequency of acute respiratory infections and the risk of poisoning carbon monoxide and hypothermia.

To reduce the risks, it is important to be careful with heating systems that do not breathe gases which cause poisoning of people, keeping ventilated rooms where there are heat sources such as fireplaces, heaters, stoves or braziers.

Since the beginning of the cold season and until January 10, 2013, there were 19 deaths associated as hypothermia and carbon monoxide poisoning, of which 11 occurred in Chihuahua (6 from hypothermia, 3 CO poisoning and / or other burn gas and 2), 5 in Sonora (for CO poisoning and / or other gas), one in Coahuila (associated with hypothermia), one in Durango (hypothermia) and Tamaulipas (caused by poisoning CO and / or other gas).

It recommends that people:
    If you must use candles, do not leave them on and watch them as they can cause a fire.

Ensure coal stoves, electric and gas are separated from the curtains.

Address the recommendations of Civil Protection.

Going to temporary shelters when the Civil Protection Unit of the village tell of intense cold, or stay inside guarded home and seek out only when necessary.

Use enough blankets at night and early morning is when the temperature drops.

Try to stay dry as moisture cools the body quickly.

Keep children away from stoves and braziers.

For influenza, from 1 to 10 January 2013, 11 cases were confirmed by virus type B (61%), 7 cases (39%) by influenza A (H3N2) and none for A (H1N1) . Also, there have been no deaths from this cause.

In the same period last year (2012) had confirmed 562 cases of influenza, of which 473 were A (H1N1) and 35 deaths.

The influenza vaccine includes protection against the seasonal virus A (H1N1), A (H3N2) and B.

With regard to cases of influenza in the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that country (CDC) reported an increase in cases, mostly by A (H3N2) has been issued without alertness beyond recommendation of the population to be vaccinated.

Therefore, because it is now flu season in the Northern Hemisphere, it is recommended to people who are visiting this country, to apply the vaccine, especially those at-risk groups such as children for children 6 to 59 months, over 60, pregnant at any trimester, health workers and people suffering from chronic diseases such as vascular (hypertension), heart disease, diabetes, HIV / AIDS or the disease have any treatment or compromised immune system.

In Mexico there is sufficient amount of vaccines and treatments to meet the needs of the population.

To reduce the risk of respiratory diseases and influenza is recommended for the population:

Apply influenza vaccine who are at-risk groups, such as

Children 6 to 59 months
    People over 60 years
    Pregnant women in any trimester
    Personal health
    People who suffer from chronic diseases as vascular diseases (hypertension), heart disease, diabetes, HIV / AIDS or the illness or treatment has compromised the immune system
    Strengthen the defenses of children and the elderly with food and supplements high in vitamin C and A (fruits and vegetables) and plenty of fluids.

Dress warmly when going out, using several layers, especially children and the elderly. Bundle up with heavy clothing preferably cotton. Avoid tight clothing and synthetic fabric.

If you stay too long in a warm place, cover your mouth when you exit.

Covering the places where they can get cold currents.

Wash hands frequently with soap and water or use alcohol gel.

Cough and sneeze into a tissue, or the angle of the arm with the forearm.

Do not self-medicate.

If respiratory symptoms go to receive medical care.

Do not stay in places where cigarette smoke and generally refrain from smoking.

Avoid exposure to environmental pollutants.

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

2013: 18 cases of flu first 14 weeks of the season (?)
      2012:562 cases of flu first 14 weeks of the season (?)

so, why so many cases in USA and Canada, especially Texas,
      and so few in Mexico ?

2012w30-2012w52:
      A:2,2,5,4,1,2,4,1,4,4,14,6,10,24,19,19,14,25,19,34 ,42,13,4
      B:0,3,0,0,2,5,4,9,13,12,17,26,31,49,52,76,51,30,54 ,90,71,19,2

2011w30-2011w52:1,1,0,0,1,1,1,0,7,0,1,0,3,3,4,5,7,5,7,27,7 1,76,177
      2012w01-2012w12:270,536,705,899,805,687,371,264,150,81,36, 26

they decide, when and how much they test ?!
      Attached Files
      I'm interested in expert panflu damage estimates
      my current links: http://bit.ly/hFI7H ILI-charts: http://bit.ly/CcRgT

Comment

I can tell you in my area, Jalisco, I have not seen or heard of anyone sick yet. No kids in school sick and no coughing heard in public places. The weather has turned colder only in the last 2 weeks or so. Mexico is claiming flu season here will be the next 3 months.

Here is the link to the Government's reporting website, but it hasn't been updated since 2011. I'm sure updates will come as cases increase.

Comment

Working...
        X