Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick Officer Dies at Sando Hospital

Source: http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index...s?id=161552611

The article did not allow for copying text. It reports that a police officer has died of H1N1 and that the death of a 6-yr-old is being investigated.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Re: Sick Officer Dies at Sando Hospital

Cop's death: not swine flu
    Keino Swamber South Bureau

Thursday, November 5th 2009

THE post-mortem performed on the body of police constable Arnold Deonarine revealed that he died as a result of a blood clot and a lung infection.

Deonarine passed away on Tuesday morning at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the San Fernando General Hospital, where he was being treated for the Influenza A H1N1 virus or swine flu.

The 27-year-old officer, who was attached to the Court and Process Division at the San Fernando High Court, was taken to the hospital on October 24 with symptoms of vomiting, high fever and difficulty breathing.

But tests for the Influenza H1N1 virus returned negative.

Further tests revealed he had suffered ?a bad bout of pneumonia?, which was worsened by his asthmatic condition.

Pulmonary embolism and bronchopneumonia have been listed on the post-mortem report as the cause of death.

As defined by on-line site Wikipedia, a pulmonary embolism is a blockage of the main artery of the lung or one of its branches by a substance that has travelled from elsewhere in the body through the bloodstream (embolism). Usually this is due to embolism of a thrombus (blood clot) from the deep veins in the legs.

Bronchopneumonia is defined by healthline.com as ?an infection of the lung that can be caused by nearly any class of organism known to cause human infections. These include bacteria, amoebae, viruses, fungi and parasites?.

Deonarine joined the Police Service seven years ago and was a second-year management student at the Cipriani Labour College. The last of three children, he leaves to mourn his parents and two sisters.

Deonarine?s sister, Pearl, told the Express yesterday the family has accepted the offer of a funeral with full military rites tomorrow at the house of mourning at Batchiya Trace, Penal.

Cremation will follow at the Shore of Peace cremation site at Mosquito Creek.

Meanwhile, swine flu has also been ruled out in the death of six-year-old Manoj Parboo, who died around 4 a.m. on Tuesday at the San Fernando General Hospital.

The Second Year pupil of the Picton Presbyterian School, located on the outskirts of San Fernando, was taken to the hospital with a high fever on Sunday.

A post-mortem concluded that his death resulted from kidney failure caused by an abscess.

He is expected to be cremated at the Shore of Peace cremation site, following a service at the family?s home at 10 a.m.

"If you could for a moment rise up out of your own beloved skin and appraise ant, human, and virus as equally resourceful beings, you might admire the accord they have all struck in Africa. Back in your skin of course, you'll shriek for a cure. But remember: air travel, roads, cities, prostitution, the congregation of people for efficient commerce - these are gifts of godspeed to the virus"
    The Poisonwood Bible

Comment

Working...
    X