Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian tourists isolation-hospital drama in Cuba ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian tourists isolation-hospital drama in Cuba ...

Google translations ...

A father of Quebec on vacation with his wife in Cuba was selected force for five days in conditions considered poor because of suspected influenza A (H1N1) in respect of his son two and a half years.

S?bastien Trudeau, 34, a former military accustomed to difficult tests, yet tremble remembering the nightmare that has just been completed there is barely a week.

From June 21 to stay for a fortnight in Playa Turquesa in Holguin, the resident of Loretteville never thought that the end of the trip would turn to disaster.

Thinking Ideally, the couple consulted the doctor at the hotel for the seemingly benign fever of their toddler. This precaution taken on 1st July, however, would trigger a painful forty five days and four nights in a facility that had nothing in their hospital. Soon, the medical authorities have to understand that the child was to undergo tests made necessary because of the global pandemic of influenza A (H1N1). The suspect was no longer welcome in the four and a half stars.

No choice

"I realized that the refusal was not an acceptable response. We did not know how long it would last while and no one warned us. As my wife has another child, I went with my son Borhan to make sure that everyone can return to the country without difficulty, "says Trudeau.

Immediately, he found himself isolated on a floor specifically to this issue. Pending test results, the Quebecois failed to panic.

"He did not eat. He slipped on the floor because he had more energy. It was downright disgusting on the spot. We could not leave until the results were negative. The nurse made me understand that if we fall sick in the wing, we would die because there are no services for people placed in quarantine. I think it would have made their case because they are so proud of their system. "

Insalubrious

The many attempts to get things done have not helped his cause.

"It was 35 ? C. I was told to hold my tongue for the sake of my boy. Three days later there was a removal of water as if the sewage back into the room. "

The tests are finally proved negative and Mr. Trudeau was finally able to leave the country on July 8, three days after the due date. The upheaval has cost about $ 1,500 extra.

-----------------------

Second article ...

Cubans do not laugh with influenza A (H1N1) and other Quebecers have discovered by being placed in isolation for six days again last week.

The story published yesterday from a father of Quebec used force with her son for five days because of an unfounded suspicion of influenza A does not seem to be a unique case. A man Boucherville lived much the same way of the cross with his 13 year old boy, without turning back.

Suffered an asthma attack coming to the country of Castro, the teenager was quickly placed in quarantine because of an early fever. The family trip a week was completely spoiled since misadventure lasted six days, the time to get test results. They were finally proved negative.

Strict rules
    "We must let people know that the rules are very strict in Cuba once there is suspicion. The doctor came right away and we went to a hospital 70 kilometers from the hotel. We spent the week in full. The staff was sympathetic, but communications with the outside world were very, very difficult. We could not move either. My mother and my daughter ?taitent alarmed at the hotel, "says Marc Lavictoire.

Unsurprisingly, the measures of hygiene and living conditions were not the same as in Canada. At the difference of others, ants and water damage were invited to their room. "At the hotel is paradise, but in the hinterland, this is not the same."

Due to bad weather, he believes that many Lavictoire Quebec travelers will be tempted to cancel their vacations in the provinces to go to heaven sun.

Think
    "We must think about it. There was but it had managed to maintain our morale. It would have been easy to make a depression. "Fortunately, the return was made as scheduled on July 12. Discussions are ongoing with the insurance company to obtain compensation. The latter does not believe that the procedure is too strict, but would like a better trial for foreign tourists. "Five days to get results, perhaps a little long."

(Le Journal de Quebec)
Working...
X