The hospital of Holguin is in quarantine for outbreak of flu H1N1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The hospital of Holguin is in quarantine for outbreak of flu H1N1

The general hospital "Vladimir Ilich Lenin" Holgu?n is quarantined due to an outbreak of H1N1, Caf?Fuerte informed patients in this medical center.

"I had a planned operation but I was suspended and sent me to [hospital]-Surgical Clinic," said a young woman who had planned minor surgery on Tuesday morning.
    The outbreak of the flu, which can be fatal, occurs on the eve of the carnival to be held between 18 and 21 August in the city of Holguin, capital of the province of the same name.
    A brief note on quarantine appeared in the print edition of the newspaper provincial Now, last Saturday, and a traveler provided strong coffee. The edition was dedicated to celebrate, with great fanfare, the 85th birthday of Fidel Castro.

"Due to increased acute respiratory disease, due to the advanced stage of these stationary and movement of virus that affects most to vulnerable patients, are suspended visits to the sick and surgery scheduled for August in the hospital Lenin except operations and emergency oncology in different specialties. The greatest interest of the staff of Health is to protect infants and pregnant, so that requests the cooperation of everyone, "says the note.
    The hospital has a capacity of 838 Lenin beds income. It is unknown whether there have been fatalities from this outbreak of flu in Holguin.
    Recently, the Health Minister of Cuba, Luis Estruch, said "the epidemiological situation in Cuba is stable and evaluated as" the best in the last five years. "
    In a meeting with the press last month, Estruch said that in Cuba "there are no reports of malaria, cholera and influenza H1N1, outbreaks of leptospirosis or otherwise, and there are only few cases of imported dengue."

Por IVETTE LEYVA MARTINEZ El hospital general "Vladimir Ilich Lenin" de la ciudad cubana de Holguín está en cuarentena a causa de un brote de gripe H1N1, informaron a CaféFuerte pacientes de ese centro médico. "Yo tenía una operación planeada pero me la suspendieron y me enviaron al [hospital] Clínico-Quirúrgico",  comentó una joven que tenía...
Working...
X