X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ministry of Health in Tamaulipas, did not lie: Rodriguez

Source: http://www.hoytamaulipas.net/?v1=not...Rodr%C3%ADguez

Ministry of Health in Tamaulipas, did not lie: Rodriguez
    The Chief Epidemiologist dismissed charges of Veracruz Gov. Fidel Herrera, who was charged with "political overtones" Death of the Mayor of influenza A
    By: Alejandro Paz - Marco Esquivel
    Thursday October 15, 2009

Tamaulipas health authorities defended the statements of Veracruz Gov. Fidel Herrera, who accused the Ministry of Health of lying about the death of a mayor of that state as a result of influenza A virus H1N1, which occurred on Monday in a hospital in Tampico.

The epidemiology chief, Alfredo Rodr?guez Trujillo, who was the one who confirmed the death of Mayor Chinampa Gorostiza, Veracruz, Belisario Betancourt said in an exclusive interview that laboratory tests carried out were positive for influenza A.

"I'm telling you, it says that laboratory results were taken to the patient, and we've been saying based on what the doctors say the International Medical Service (weeks) that the mayor was admitted for respiratory problems, based on atypical pneumonia, "he said.

He reiterated that the laboratory result is positive for the presence of H1N1 in the body of the mayor of Veracruz.

Veracruz Gov. Fidel Herrera told the press, said today that the information reported by officials in Tamaulipas have political overtones.

By the way, denied that President Belisario Betancourt Santos who died from influenza, as authorities confirmed yesterday the Ministry of Health in Tamaulipas.

Herrera had said in press statements that Betancourt suffered from morbid obesity and overtook him two strokes which caused his death in a hospital in Tampico.

"I need not go speculating on the demise of someone or make a political carrion issue of that nature," he said, according to a report published by El Universal.

He added, "The issue I've seen I do not know what political interest do not want to pull it apart because there are several other issues that will vent at the time of another character," he said and recalled that he attended the wake of the municipal authority and presented no "if you want a catarrito.

On the charge of 'political overtones', Rodriguez refused to give an opinion "The comments are very respectable, but I can not comment on any political issue because it is not my field, since the responsibility is mine in the epidemiological field," he said.
Working...
X