Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CDC: Updated guidance on COVID-19 spread was mistakenly published - we are not taking down our copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDC: Updated guidance on COVID-19 spread was mistakenly published - we are not taking down our copy

by: Fareeha Rehman

Posted: Sep 21, 2020 / 09:45 AM PDT/ Updated: Sep 21, 2020 / 09:47 AM PDT

(KRON) — The new COVID-19 guidance posted to the Centers for Disease Control website last week was an error, the organization said Monday.

On their website page “How COVID-19 Spreads,” the CDC said:

“A draft version of proposed changes to these recommendations was posted in error to the agency’s official website. CDC is currently updating its recommendations regarding airborne transmission of SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19).

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — The new COVID-19 guidance posted to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website last week was an error, the organization said Monday. On their websit…

Unbelievable!

Comment

What?!?! I have copied that guidance all over the site. omg....this is nuts.

Comment

So I do I add "j/k" to the title or what?

Comment

Now posted at the same link as above:

Click image for larger version  Name:	cdccovidretraction.PNG Views:	1 Size:	106.4 KB ID:	893673
          Attached Files

Comment

"The Party understands that by rewriting the events of the past and controlling the narrative of history, they can maintain their position of authority." 1984, George Orwell

Comment

• sharon sanders
              sharon sanders commented
              Editing a comment
              Agree. But what party? There are factions inside the CDC/HHS that do not agree with each other.

from above: "Agree. But in what party? There are factions inside the CDC/HHS that do not agree with each other."

For instance.....

See new TweetsConversation

Helen Branswell

@HelenBranswell
            I think 2020 has hit maximum weird. I hope it has hit maximum weird. I don't know if I could cope with weirder than this.

A Notorious COVID Troll Actually Works for Dr. Fauci's Agency
            Bill Crews is a PR official at the National Institutes of Health. But he also has another job: an anonymous RedState editor who rails against the agency for which he works.
            thedailybeast.com

Comment

fyi - We NOT going to delete the original version of the guidance. I have added the word "PENDING" to the title. A complete copy can be seen here:

CDC: How COVID-19 Spreads - Updated Sept. 18, 2020 - PENDING

As I stated at the beginning of the outbreak in China - we will print retractions and denials. We WILL NOT take down the original article/documents.

Thank you for following FluTrackers.

We are Independent Media.

Comment

from above: "Agree. But in what party? There are factions inside the CDC/HHS that do not agree with each other."

IMO: There is only one party in control of the United States of America.
                What better proof do we have than yesterday and today.
                Could it be a cry for "help" from our most trusted health organizations by alerting the public as to what is really going on within their walls.
                Its not their fault, they are being manipulated, held hostage, made to show conflict with each other.
                They have no choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Wilson View Post

IMO: There is only one party in control of the United States of America.
                  What better proof do we have than yesterday and today.
                  Could it be a cry for "help" from our most trusted health organizations by alerting the public as to what is really going on within their walls.
                  Its not their fault, they are being manipulated, held hostage, made to show conflict with each other.
                  They have no choice.
                  We have no idea what is really going on. We can't assume anything. I have seen a lot over the years and believe me when I say - anything is possible.

Meanwhile, we do our best here.

Comment

I still say anything is possible but here is their statement:

snip

Butler said there was no external political pressure behind the change in this instance. “This was an internal issue. And we’re working hard to address it and make sure it doesn’t happen again,” he said.

In a statement released Monday, the CDC said the revisions to the “How COVID-19 Spreads” page happened “without appropriate in-house technical review.”

“We are reviewing our process and tightening criteria for review of all guidance and updates before they are posted to the CDC website,” the statement said.

Comment

Working...
                    X