No announcement yet.

Does anyone know what the protocol is for needlestick injury involving COVID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know what the protocol is for needlestick injury involving COVID

Has anyone seen a study about bloodborne transmission risks?

I haven't found a scientific study - but I did find this - https://www.theguardian.com/australi...mination-fears
    More than 200 people who went through hotel quarantine in Victoria must be screened for HIV amid fears of cross-contamination from incorrect usage of blood glucose test devices.

Several such devices were used on multiple people in quarantine between 29 March and 20 August, necessitating screenings for blood-borne diseases such as hepatitis B and C and HIV.

These monitors, which take a small sample of blood from a fingertip, are intended for repeated use by only one person. While the needle is changed between usages, microscopic traces of blood can remain within the body of the machine, creating a low clinical risk of cross-contamination and infection.

Safer Care Victoria, the state’s healthcare quality and safety agency, has assured the public there is no risk of Covid-19 spread as the disease is not transmitted by blood.
    I hope everyone is ok. Sorry to hear you know someone who has been hurt.
    "The only security we have is our ability to adapt."

Comment

Thank you kiwibird !

Comment

Working...
      X