• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two More Deaths in UAE - total 6

Source: http://business.maktoob.com/20090000...AE/Article.htm

[B]Two more die from swine flu in UAE
    Sep 08, 2009 at 18:44 [/B]

The UAE has reported two more deaths from swine flu, taking the number of people killed by the virus in the Gulf state to six, state news agency WAM reported on Tuesday.

The victims, both UAE nationals, were a 75-year-old man and a 8-month-old toddler, WAM said, citing the Health Ministry.

The pair had pre-existing medical conditions at the time they contracted A(H1N1), WAM added.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Re: Two More Deaths in UAE - total 6

Source: http://www.xpress4me.com/news/uae/dubai/20014843.html

Image for Two new H1N1 deaths, nurseries shut down
    Published: September 08, 2009, 17:27
    Two new H1N1 deaths, nurseries shut down

WAM
    Abu Dhabi : H1N1 has claimed two more lives ?- that of a 75-year-old Emirati man and an eight-month-old Emirati toddler -- in the UAE, bringing the death toll to six in the country, the Ministry of Health (MoH) has announced through the official news agency WAM.

Meanwhile, the Ministry of Social Affairs has ordered the closure of nurseries and postponement of classes at special needs centres as part of preventive measures against H1N1.

The report said that the toddler had suffered from the heart diseases and received the treatment in US, while the elderly man had suffered from chronic diseases.

The number of death cases compared to the cases of H1N1 is less than 0.5 per cent a reassuring percentage that effective preventive and curative measures taken by the MoH and health authorities are sound.

Mariam Mohammed Khalfan Al Roumi, Minister of Social Affairs, said the policies of the ministry put the health of children as a priority to prevent the spread of disease.

Al Roumi has called on public to deal with this decision ?positively, without exaggeration? because it was taken as a precautionary measure to protect the community.

It reiterated calls for cooperation among all sectors to implement preventive measures to curb and eradicate the disease.

Comment

Working...
    X